Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
DragonflyKing
Enthusiast
DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch update has broken Calibre created top margin

The Kobo Touch has a deep plastic frame which often casts a shadow on the first line of each page in most indoor lighting conditions. I successfully overcame this by using Calibre converted and setting the top margin from 5 to 10 pts. I am using Calibre 0.8.42.

Yesterday I sync'ed my Kobo Touch and installed update 1.9.17 (r37603, 3/16/12). Now all of my books are back to the default top margin. Even new downloads (that I have converted) ignore the margin set in Calibre.

This is a minor gripe. I just thought I would flag this to any Calibre developers who may be maintaining the margin controls or the Kobo Touch interface.
DragonflyKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyKing View Post
The Kobo Touch has a deep plastic frame which often casts a shadow on the first line of each page in most indoor lighting conditions. I successfully overcame this by using Calibre converted and setting the top margin from 5 to 10 pts. I am using Calibre 0.8.42.

Yesterday I sync'ed my Kobo Touch and installed update 1.9.17 (r37603, 3/16/12). Now all of my books are back to the default top margin. Even new downloads (that I have converted) ignore the margin set in Calibre.

This is a minor gripe. I just thought I would flag this to any Calibre developers who may be maintaining the margin controls or the Kobo Touch interface.
It may be beyond Calibre's control if Kobo is now ignoring Body margins (those are the ones that are being set Device output Profile Margins) when you adjust the ones shown on the Common Options: 'Page Setup'

Check that Preference to see if something went bump
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
Notre
Notre began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thank you for the information; changing the margins in Calibre did work for my Kobo Touch (I had to reconvert all my epubs). The lack of a top margin was driving me nuts.
Notre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:59 AM   #4
DragonflyKing
Enthusiast
DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Touch
I have just installed Kobo Touch firmware 2.0.0 which has fixed this issue.

Hey, a company that actually listens to its customers. FANTASTIC!
DragonflyKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, convert, kobo, margin