Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Thumbs up Ordered a Nexus 7 32gb!

I should have it in a few days. I plan to use this at home, my SGP5 goes with me everywhere. So now I will have 3 reading/music devices for my use.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #2
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Enjoy your Nexus when it arrives.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 07:40 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Enjoy !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #4
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I like mine. Hope you enjoy yours too - congratulations.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I LOVE my Nexus 7. It goes with me in my purse wherever I go, and in my gym bag for reading on the treadmill. Congrats on your purchase.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you. I know that I will be using my Aldiko for my reading app. But does the Nexus come with a music player or am I going to have to download one? Also is there a file already on the tablet for music and books or will I have to put those in myself as well.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #7
Raignis
Raignis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raignis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raignis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raignis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raignis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raignis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raignis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raignis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raignis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raignis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raignis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
It comes with a decent music player. As for books, it has a reader but it's Google linked so you can't use it like Aldiko or Moon+.
Raignis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #8
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Also is there a file already on the tablet for music and books or will I have to put those in myself as well.
Sorry, what do you mean by file already being there? I assume you mean folder for music and books. If you are using google music app and have some songs purchased from them, you can simply download without worrying about folder. In case you are trasferring files from your computer via USB or wifi, you may have to create a folder to transfer the files.
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #9
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
A couple of suggestions:

Go to Amazon and order a Nexus OTG (On The Go) USB cable.

When you get your Nexus and setup your Google Play account, get "Nexus Multimedia Importer" as a ... $3 app.

The Nexus will NOT let you access a USB flash drive unless you "root" your reader. But with the cable and the Multimedia Importer - you can access the files on a USB flash drive. It will even play video files from the USB drive with the software. I was surprised and pleased how easy it was.

Below is the OTG cable I purchased:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

I also ordered this case mainly because of the wide, soft wrist strap:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o03_s00_i00

Hope this helps.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #10
cfrizz
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by din155 View Post
Sorry, what do you mean by file already being there? I assume you mean folder for music and books. If you are using google music app and have some songs purchased from them, you can simply download without worrying about folder. In case you are trasferring files from your computer via USB or wifi, you may have to create a folder to transfer the files.
Yes I mean folders one for ebooks and one for music. I will be transferring my music and books from my pc to the Nexus and wanted to know if folders so named were already there for me to use.

Are you saying that the Google music app won't play my transferred music only music that I have stored in Googles cloud?

I hope not because if that is the case, I will also need recommendations for a music app as well.

I should be getting it today! I already have a Google account so setting it up should be fairly painless.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #11
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes I mean folders one for ebooks and one for music. I will be transferring my music and books from my pc to the Nexus and wanted to know if folders so named were already there for me to use.

Are you saying that the Google music app won't play my transferred music only music that I have stored in Googles cloud?

I hope not because if that is the case, I will also need recommendations for a music app as well.

I should be getting it today! I already have a Google account so setting it up should be fairly painless.
I meant if you are transferring files from computer to your tablet you may have to create a folder holding your music files. Play music (google app for music) will pick up all your songs and play. Personally, I use double twist for all my music. I somehow like it better than play music.
Also, if you are planning to transfer books from calibre to read on tablet, I would recommend calibre comanion app from play store. I find it quite useful to transfer my books from calibre over wifi.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #12
cfrizz
Wizard

I got it! Set up was easy, I have loaded my music into the music file that was there and my books are importing into Aldiko even as I type this.

I have to adapt to the way the Nexus operates as opposed to how the SGP5 does. When I plug the SGP5 into the pc I have to tell it to connect to the pc and when I'm done to disconnect.

With the Nexus I just plug it in and start dragging and dropping files. When I'm done I simply unplug it. No messages asking if I want to connect or disconnect.

I'm going to have to get a case for it.

It updated itself to JB 4.2 and loaded all of my apps that I have. This machine is pretty darn slick, I think I'm going to have fun with it!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:48 AM   #13
din155
Guru

Enjoy
Old 02-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #14
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
With the Nexus I just plug it in and start dragging and dropping files. When I'm done I simply unplug it. No messages asking if I want to connect or disconnect.
And it "Just works ™"
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #15
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Must admit that I really like my Nexus 7 too. I even find I'm reaching for it rather than the 10" Touchpad, as it sits lightly in my hand and the screen's just that much sharper.

I even - shock, horror - just read a novel on it rather than on my Sony PRS-650, because we had relatives staying and I wasn't spending much time near the good reading lamps, and it was fine.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote