Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 05:40 PM   #121
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi DiapDealer,

I think this is a Qt bug in QDockWidgets and Preview is a subclass of QtDockWidgets. I found some small sample code that allows you to drag and drop/attach detach all around. I sent it to you via e-mail.

Please try and build that sample code with Qt Creator and run it and see if it crashes the same way Preview does on your Linux box or under Windows. On my Mac with Qt 5.3.2, I can not make it crash at all.

If so, I think we can write this off as fixed in Qt 5.3.2

Take care,

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Hey Kevin,

Even with a debug build on Linux, I'm just not getting much insight into the Qt libraries themselves. The binary Qt 5 downloads for Linux don't have separate Release/Debug versions of the libraries like the Windows downloads do ... and I can't seem to figure out how to load (or turn on) the extra debugging symbols for Qt5 itself. I may have to resort to using the Windows debugging tools to get a helpful backtrace. I don't look forward to remembering how to do that.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:47 PM   #122
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I think it may have been fixed in Qt5.3.2, too. The crashes were occurring with 5.3.1 (included with the Windows versions of Sigil 0.8.0--and what my Linux builds were created with as well). Downloading 5.3.2 and building Sigil against that has made the problem go away on the Windows side of things, haven't checked Linux yet.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:17 PM   #123
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Hey Kevin,

Even with a debug build on Linux, I'm just not getting much insight into the Qt libraries themselves. The binary Qt 5 downloads for Linux don't have separate Release/Debug versions of the libraries like the Windows downloads do ... and I can't seem to figure out how to load (or turn on) the extra debugging symbols for Qt5 itself. I may have to resort to using the Windows debugging tools to get a helpful backtrace. I don't look forward to remembering how to do that.
In any event, if you do need the debug build of Qt, you can always build it yourself.

Code:
wget http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/5.3/5.3.2/single/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.3.2.tar.gz
tar xzf qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.3.2.tar.gz
cd qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.3.2
./configure -confirm-license -opensource -debug \
    -prefix /path/to/install \
    [other options]
make
make install
Old 10-07-2014, 06:31 PM   #124
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
That would defeat the handiness of the pre-compiled Qt packages.

I'm no stranger to building Qt--I've done so many times in the past. I just hope to never have to need to do so again, if it can be at all avoided.

But thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
In any event, if you do need the debug build of Qt, you can always build it yourself.

Code:
wget http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/5.3/5.3.2/single/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.3.2.tar.gz
tar xzf qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.3.2.tar.gz
cd qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.3.2
./configure -confirm-license -opensource -debug \
    -prefix /path/to/install \
    [other options]
make
make install
Old 10-08-2014, 02:26 AM   #125
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Since Qt 5.3.2 has fixed some Sigil bug(s), can we get a version 0.8.1 that has Qt 5.3.2 included?
Old 10-08-2014, 05:43 PM   #126
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Since Qt 5.3.2 has fixed some Sigil bug(s), can we get a version 0.8.1 that has Qt 5.3.2 included?
That would be the plan.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #127
blackest
Connoisseur
blackest began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 2
Quote:
That would defeat the handiness of the pre-compiled Qt packages.

I'm no stranger to building Qt--I've done so many times in the past. I just hope to never have to need to do so again, if it can be at all avoided.

But thanks.
hmm
just having a look at doing a linux build. I couldn't help but notice in synaptic all the qt5 files that it shows as installed are version 5.02 i'm guessing that might be an issue.
Closed Thread