Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: The Sony Reader is available for order. Did you order it already?
Yes! 24 46.15%
No. 28 53.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2006, 08:23 AM   #16
mikolaj
mikolaj is on a distinguished road

Well, the German Sony Style directed me to German Sony product info, where they said that there's no plans for "PDAs". And if I ever want to buy it, I should go to some online retailer, but not sony style. Both my interlocutors, seemed to have had no clue what kind of animal I was talking of, so chances are that all this is attributable to ignorance, not to actual plans of no european release...
mikolaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:42 AM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I just ordered it - via my girlfriend who lives in the States!

Now I can sleep better.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2006, 09:32 AM   #18
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow
$40 for the protection cover? Kinda pricy, don't you think?
!
Worth the money. My avatar comes from a librie, remember.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:33 AM   #19
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane
Where's the booklight?? Someone needs to manufacture the booklight.
There is a third party creating one. We got to see it, and it looks good. I'll post a few pics. I think Nathan's article already has a pic attached that shows a light option. And we can always hope that there is eventually a wedge side light product in the future also. I'm with you... I'd love to be able to read in the dark also. I like to read my Treo after I turn the lights out. But the e-ink display is so nice, I'm willing to turn a light on, or get a clip on light just so I can read on that screen!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:34 AM   #20
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
AHHHH! I don't get paid until next week!
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2006, 10:28 AM   #21
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Smile

Yes! Yes! Yes! Not only did I get a call from my house siding guy who actually will be starting EARLY (never happens with contractors) but now I have a reader on order!!!

I also ordered the cradle.

Regular shipping, of course - for the price of the speedy shipping I could buy about 20 books!

I did note that the page says "Shipping on or before October 31st".

OTOH, my order email said " Estimated Ship Date: 09/28/2006"

OK, given that the ebook store is not up yet, which one of those is just boilerplate?

This has been a long wait - I hope it is worth it!!

Last edited by CCDMan; 09-26-2006 at 10:38 AM. Reason: spelling
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:40 AM   #22
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
>OTOH, my order email said " Estimated Ship Date: 09/28/2006"

so does mine
the wait is (almost) over!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:53 AM   #23
Frogsmasha
Connoisseur
Frogsmasha began at the beginning.

Hahahaha!

I ordered one too! I'm sooo excited
yippie
Frogsmasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:55 AM   #24
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Y'all did catch that it comes with a black cover? You don't have to buy another one, unless of course, you want to.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:00 AM   #25
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
You guys already received an order confirmation? Grrr... I should have told my girlfriend to use my e-mail instead. Now I cannot lookup the confirmation nor the estimated shipping date.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:01 AM   #26
Frogsmasha
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
You guys already received an order confirmation? Grrr... I should have told my girlfriend to use my e-mail instead. Now I cannot lookup the confirmation nor the estimated shipping date.
It's been about five minutes for me, and I haven't recieved any E-mail confirmation as of yet.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:02 AM   #27
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine has est'd ship date of 9/28 also. The slower free shipping will cause it to take some extra days, but if they get it out on Thursday, I'm thrilled. Then the package carrier has all weekend to drive it toward my house.

But the cradle says out of stock and ship date unknown...
" Sony® Reader cradle BCRRU1//C CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK Ship Date Unknown"

I can't imagine that they would hold the shipment of my reader to wait for the cradle. I hope not! And the two different shipping dates in my order would tend to indicate the reader will ship first.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:03 AM   #28
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsmasha
...I haven't recieved any E-mail confirmation as of yet.
I haven't received any email confirmation either and it's been hours for me. But if you have your order confirmation number and email address (or if you registered at the store site), you can see your order status. Go to the reader page on the store again, and look at the links at the top. One will be order status.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:09 AM   #29
jvs
jvs began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry 8700c
Is it true?

I called SonyStyle store to upgrade my shipping ($175 for 2-day was a bit high!). The very nice and helpful Customer Service Agent confirmed this was wrong and made the change to overnight. Before doing so she checked her system for availability and confirmed 9/28 ship date! I'm still not 100% convinced, but it does seem promising. -John
jvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:10 AM   #30
Frogsmasha
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvs
I called SonyStyle store to upgrade my shipping ($175 for 2-day was a bit high!). The very nice and helpful Customer Service Agent confirmed this was wrong and made the change to overnight. Before doing so she checked her system for availability and confirmed 9/28 ship date! I'm still not 100% convinced, but it does seem promising. -John

Why would you pay so much for that?