Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
Question about the 100 free books from Sony

I was just curious whether you have to buy directly thru their website in order to get the free books or is it once you register your reader from wherever you buy it you can get them? Also, I know this is going to be hard to answer but are there very many books that I would even want to read? I know that everyone has different preferences but I guess I'm asking if there is alot of variety.
Thanks!
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:10 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
You get them after you register your Reader, through Sony's site. It's not just any free books, they are the $1.99 classics that Sony offers. Lots of good book in there.

You can get all of them here also (and more) without registering your Reader. I prefer the Sony ones (larger margins), but a lot of people prefer the ones here on MobileRead.

Scroll up on this page, and on the blue bar click "ebooks." Then select Sony Reader. They'll come up.

What other stores were you thinking about?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I prefer the books on mobileread. For me smaller margins = less page turns. If you've never delved into classics try some of the shorter, easier to read authors like Jules Verne, H.G. Wells or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes).
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Daily Rant

When, oh when, are they going to make that "ebooks" link big, red, and flashing? It just vanishes into the background.

Same for the wiki link.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #5
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
To browse the books on offer go to the Sony website and click on a subject category such as Fiction & Literature or Science Fiction then narrow the search to 'ebook store classics'. These are the free books you can choose from. There is quite a good selection and worth having a look at. There is definitely a good selection here as well!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert