Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-26-2015, 07:18 PM   #1
medwatt
Zealot
medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kindle 3 (dead); Nook ST (dead); Sony PRS-T1; Onyx i86+
Charging the i86 with Power Adapters

Hello,
I've been using my Onyx i86+ for a while now and everything is working as expected. However, I noticed that charging via my laptop's USB port is a very slow process. I have three different USB adapters rated at 0.5A, 1A and 2A. All are rated at 5V. I first decided to use the 0.5A adapter and charged the i86 to 100%. I didn't use the the i86 that day. The next day I noticed that the battery was about half way which was weird because I used to notice only about 5% drop when its in standby mode. At the time, I assumed I had forgotten the i86 on and so the LEDs drained the battery.
Two days ago, I decided to use the 1A adapter and charged it fully. A few hours later, the charge was down to 90% even when it was in standby mode. I went to work, returned home and saw the charge at 60%.
I've taken a couple of screenshots. What is going on ??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_11_27_0_7_33_779_AM.png
Views:	163
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	144093   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_11_27_0_7_8_527_AM.png
Views:	132
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	144094  
medwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 08:43 PM   #2
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Run an app to see where your power usage is.
I haven't had this problem, but I do not have many apps installed. I also keep WiFi and Bluetooth off unless I am downloading an app.

Also, because I have the settings configured not to go into sleep mode when I have the unit plugged in, I have to manually put mine in hibernation when I am charging it. If your brightness was all the way up and you were using a low amperage charger this could happen.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2015, 03:01 PM   #3
Cereal
Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Pocketbook A10
While i can't explain your issue, i think you're on to something there. I've had a similar experience a few days ago when i charged the i86 on my front usb. The charge dropped rapidly by 12% in a few hours with the device on standby. At first i figured the battery might be broken, but recharging it on a 1.5A wall charger (and rebooting, but i don't know if that's relevant) has ostensibly fixed it for now.

I can see how it might be ill advised to use a low amp charger, however it doesn't really explain what's going on here (or does it? in which case someone elucidate).
Maybe it's a firmware issue of sorts?

Last edited by Cereal; 12-13-2015 at 03:15 PM.
Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote