Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-25-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
where on nook st are B&N dowloaded epub?

Recently I purchased an epub from the B&N store and downloaded it to my Nook ST. I wanted to copy the book to my PC from my rooted NST, but couldn't find it anywhere on my NST. Does anyone know where these B&N books are located on the NST?
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:06 PM   #2
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
Recently I purchased an epub from the B&N store and downloaded it to my Nook ST. I wanted to copy the book to my PC from my rooted NST, but couldn't find it anywhere on my NST. Does anyone know where these B&N books are located on the NST?
I'm afraid books directly downloaded from B&N to Nooks(except the original one) are located in a hidden section. You'll have to download the book to your computer using Nook for PC(or similar).
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2014, 04:48 PM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Are you in the US? You can download books directly from your Nook library on the B&N website.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:14 AM   #4
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I certainly understand that I can download to a PC from B&N (at least now), but I was curious about where the epubs are stored, because I couldn't see them with Windows Explorer when connected with a usb cable to the Nook ST. My Nook is rooted, though, and with 'Root Explorer' I eventually found that B&N books are indeed stored in a hidden folder: 'data\media\B&N Downloads\Books' These books can be opened and read/copied, but access to the copied/pasted epub requires a login and password. I tried my B&N login and pw but that didn't seem to work because of drm; once thr drm is stripped off it opens.

Last edited by bobcdy; 01-27-2014 at 01:23 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:36 AM   #5
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
I certainly understand that I can download to a PC from B&N (at least now), but I was curious about where the epubs are stored, because I couldn't see them with Windows Explorer when connected with a usb cable to the Nook ST. My Nook is rooted, though, and with 'Root Explorer' I eventually found that B&N books are indeed stored in a hidden folder: 'data\media\B&N Downloads\Books' These books can be opened and read/copied, but access to the copied/pasted epub requires a login and password. I tried my B&N login and pw but that didn't seem to work because of drm; once thr drm is stripped off it opens.
B&N DRM uses the credit card number and name of the credit card the book was downloaded with to protect the book.
That is the great thing about B&N's social DRM. You can copy the ebook file to as many devices as you want to, as many times as you want to, and anyone knowing the credit card number and name will be able to read the book.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2014, 04:57 PM   #6
bobcdy
Fanatic

geertm,
Thanks for the info.; that sounds useful in case B&N loses the book from their site or if B&N completely close Nook ebooks or goes out of business.