Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
GMRabelink
GMRabelink began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Glowlight
Is it possible to sort my books by 'File Name', not 'Added Order' by default?

Yesterday I used the tread 'Send to device template' (E-Book Software - Calibre) to be able to send 'series' and 'series_index' from Calibre to my PRS 650.
Works like a charm; thank you very much for that little piece of info!

Thanks to the 'series_index', I now know which book is next in line. But, only when I look at my titles sorted by 'File Names'.
When I look at a collection (a series) of books however, the titles are sorted (in default) by 'Added order', not by 'File Name'. Of course, I can sort them by 'File Name', but this option 'doesn't last'.
When I go to another collection, go read a book, or come back later, the default sorting always goes back to 'by Added Order'.

Is there a way to change the default sorting to 'by File Name', in stead of 'by Added Order'?
GMRabelink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Take a look on top, right side of the display and touch there to choose your order criteria.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
GMRabelink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
Take a look on top, right side of the display and touch there to choose your order criteria.
In the upper right corner there is an option to change the order/sort criteria, but that's not permanently. The default is on 'Added Order', but I would like the default to be by 'File Name'.
Is it possible to change the default to 'File Name', so I don'thave to change it by hand every time?
Old 10-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Ok. Have seen it. It seems this isn´t possible.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
quisvir
Addict
quisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle PW2
There is a setting in Calibre (under Preferences --> Tweaks) called Specify how SONY collections are sorted. You can use that to change the default sorting order.
quisvir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
And, if you don't use calibre for sending your books, what do you have to touch?
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #7
GMRabelink

Quote:
Originally Posted by quisvir View Post
There is a setting in Calibre (under Preferences --> Tweaks) called Specify how SONY collections are sorted. You can use that to change the default sorting order.
@ Quisvir:
That did the job.
Now I can be certain that the books in my collections are shown in the right order...
Old 10-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRabelink View Post
Now I can be certain that the books in my collections are shown in the right order...
You might be interested in this thread from post 99 - 105. Jackie_w shows you how to include the series info in the Author line of your 650, a very nice feature.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi GMRabelink in order to help everyone and get input from everyone these conversations need to be in the main forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRabelink
I ended up with the following Metadata Plugboard:

Format: epub (Calibre won't accept device_db with PRS505?!)
Device: PRS505
Source template: {author_sort} {series:| - | } {series_index:0>3s}
Destination Field: authors
Source template: {author_sort} {series:| - | } {series_index:0>3s}
Destination Field: author_sort
Source template: {author_sort} {series:| - | } {series_index:0>3s}{title}
Destination Field: title_sort

I also have the Sony collection tweak set as follows:
# Specify how SONY collections are sorted sony_collection_sorting_rules = [(['series'], 'series_index')]

My 'Metadata management' is on 'Manual'.
My 'Save Template' is on default:
{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}.
You need to use device_db for this to work.

I also always have my Metadata management set to automatic, this way just connecting the device corrects the metadata on the device and under the device interface plugin you should have author_sort for Author unchecked..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plugboard.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	77702   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony device interface plugin.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	77703  
Old 10-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #10
GMRabelink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
You need to use device_db for this to work.
It finally worked!

Turns out I needed to update Calibre to the most recent version...
I was still using version (something like) 0.8.13.
With that older version of Calibre, I couldn't combine the format 'device_db' with device 'PRS505'.
Calibre kept coming up with an error-message: The chosen format wasn't supported by the device. So I used 'epub' as format, since all my ebooks are epubs.

After updating to 0.8.21, I'm able to combine 'device_db' with 'PRS505' and everything turns out exactly as I would like it to be.

Thank you very much for your help!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #11
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Turns out I needed to update Calibre to the most recent version...
I was still using version (something like) 0.8.13.

After updating to 0.8.21, I'm able to combine 'device_db' with 'PRS505' and everything turns out exactly as I would like it to be.
A bit of bad luck. This has been working fine for a very long time. You must have found a temporary regression in ver 0.8.13 that threw a wench into the works.

Quote:
Thank you very much for your help!
You're welcome, I'm glad you got it working.