Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 01:02 PM   #46
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarndt View Post
Just a note to all of you new electronic patrons. When you finish a book, please right click the book in the Sony software, and click 'Return Borrowed Item'. That way, the next person waiting in line will get the book before your 21 day loan period is up.
You also don't have to check it out for 21 days if you don't want to. There are 7 and 14 day options as well.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:58 PM   #47
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Currently getting...

"We're sorry, but the specified library patron account information is not valid."

...anyone else able to log in?
I sent them an email yesterday on this subject...
Got a reply that they had experienced a power outage.
Service is now restored... for me.
joobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:37 AM   #48
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
After I apply for their card, will they email me my PIN again? I forgot to copy it down before I sent out....
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #49
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
You can call them and have them reset it, I think.

I called them tonight because I still haven't gotten the card in the mail. The nice lady gave me my card # over the phone. I tested it; it works for logging into the regular library but not for logging into Overdrive. So, I've got to make another long distance phone call to get that fixed. It looks like a decent selection in their catalog, though.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:29 PM   #50
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
Yes, they wrote me an email that I can reset my PIN on their web site. Lucky me, Pfew!
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #51
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I've probably got $15 in long distance calls into the Philly Library now. They assigned me a library card # over the phone, but it doesn't work with their Overdrive web site and no one knows why. I still haven't gotten the library card in the mail, either.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #52
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Try contacting Pam by e-mail, she is the one who sent me my PIN and could probably help you without running up your phone bill further...

Pam Lippincott
Free Library of Philadelphia
1901 Vine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
215-686-7501
pam@freelibrary.org
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #53
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek

Quote:
Try contacting Pam by e-mail, she is the one who sent me my PIN and could probably help you without running up your phone bill further...
Thanks! I'll try that.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #54
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek

Yay!

My card # works in Overdrive now! I still haven't gotten the card in the mail, though.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #55
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
My card # works in Overdrive now! I still haven't gotten the card in the mail, though.
Congrats, NNolan -- isn't it fun?? You don't need the card unless you plan to go to the physical library.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #56
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek

Quote:
You don't need the card unless you plan to go to the physical library.
I'm worried about family members tossing out the piece of paper I wrote the number on..maybe I'll tape it to the back of my Sony.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:56 PM   #57
ngrant
Gadget Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
I'm worried about family members tossing out the piece of paper I wrote the number on..maybe I'll tape it to the back of my Sony.
That's a good idea. I keep my library card numbers on a "virtual" sticky note on my laptop screen (sidebar gadget in Windows Vista) so it's easy to copy and paste it when I want to check out a book from the library. In fact EVERYTHING is in my laptop, but also safely backed up online - and that includes my ebook collection too - in case the worst happens and my laptop drive dies or the thing is stolen.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:32 PM   #58
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Air 2
I FINALLY got my card today. There was no zip code in my address. Knowing my post office I'm surprised it got here at all. The card is dated 5/19/2011. I've lost almost a month of my 1 year membership.

I went to the website and plugged in the card number and what I'm pretty sure I used as a pin and it doesn't recognize me. When I request that they send me my pin they say my information doesn't match their records. Sigh, I'm beginning to think I really wasted $15. Off to find the phone number. Wish me luck.
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #59
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek

I finally got my card in the mail today too. I wonder if they mailed them out all in one huge batch.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:20 PM   #60
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
I created a "handwriting" note on my PRS600 and wrote my card and pin numbers right there; this way they're with my reader always.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote