Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
camdenmaine
camdenmaine began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kidle
Sigil "External Edit" not implemented for Mac?

I'd like to use the "Edit with" feature as described in the user manual. But when I right click on a file's name in the Book Browser, I get an entirely different pop up, one that doesn't offer Edit With. I'm running the latest Sigl under Mac OSX 10.8.2. Thanks in advance for any help.
camdenmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
It's the Open With menu. What version are you running? And if it is 0.6.2 can you include a screenshot of you right-clicking on a file?
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
camdenmaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
It's the Open With menu. What version are you running? And if it is 0.6.2 can you include a screenshot of you right-clicking on a file?
I'm running 0.6.2 (though the About Sigil pane still reads 0.5.3). I'm a bit vague on how to include a screenshot. When I click on the picture icon it wants a URL. I gave it the local URL for the screenshot on my desktop. Will that work? Anyway, here it is:

[IMG]/Users/tomdemarco/Desktop/Screen Shot 2013-02-08 at 10.35.28 AM.png[/IMG]

If not, please clue me in.

Thanks in advance,

t.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You'll have to upload the screen-shot here (or somewhere on the internet). A link to your local machine isn't going to work well.

Also... if the About Sigil screen reads 0.5.3; rest assured... it's Sigil 0.5.3 you're using and not 0.6.2. Your shortcuts/installations are getting crossed somehow.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #5
camdenmaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Also... if the About Sigil screen reads 0.5.3; rest assured... it's Sigil 0.5.3 you're using and not 0.6.2. Your shortcuts/installations are getting crossed somehow.
You're so right. I'm kicking myself. Thank you so much.

PS: Sigil is awesome. I'm a re-contributor.