Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-03-2012, 06:51 AM   #1
nurusz
Enthusiast
nurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
Question The never ending story.... K4 screensaver

I know, the issue was mentioned too many times in this forum and it's not so clear and definitely explained at least for me.
I have passed over most of it including the YouTube presentations but still I don't know how to change my K4 - NT screensaver !
I, and I think many others need step by step instruction guide how to do it
Thank in advanced
nurusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
Look here and here.

Do you have sponsored version of Kindle (with ads)?
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #3
nurusz
Enthusiast
nurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostar View Post
Look here and here.

Do you have sponsored version of Kindle (with ads)?
Ghanks for response, but I can't tell because I don't know what's that means
Old 07-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurusz View Post
Thanks for response, but I can't tell because I don't know what that means
The SO (Special Offers) versions of kindles cost less money, in exchange for an agreement to view sponsored advertising. After you register them and connect to the net, they begin to display advertisements when asleep, instead of "dead authors" or "caligraphy and typography artifacts" screensavers, and a small area at the bottom of the Home screen also displays a small ad.

Some of the hacks are not for "Special Offers" kindles.

There ARE hacks to remove Special Offers, but the "correct" way to do it is to purchase an upgrade for that kindle from your amazon account, and then the ads will go away.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-03-2012 at 09:12 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
nurusz
Enthusiast

I have the normal one.
No advertisements.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #6
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
Quote:
I have the normal one.
No advertisements.
In that case you can instantly follow instructions from my previous post.
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
nurusz
Enthusiast

Thanks , I will do that
Aha, once I put my kindle in diagnostic mode just to try what's that and it was difficult to exit from it.Is there a problem in this procedure ?
The next thing is the IP number, it must be 192.168.15.244 or it's depends what network I have, in my case it's 10.0.0.xx ?
Old 07-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #8
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Thanks , I will do that
Aha, once I put my kindle in diagnostic mode just to try what's that and it was difficult to exit from it.Is there a problem in this procedure ?
The next thing is the IP number, it must be 192.168.15.244 or it's depends what network I have, in my case it's 10.0.0.xx ?
You USBnet interface must have a different IP subnet than all other network interfaces on your host PC. Also, it must match the kindle (which is 192.168.15.244). Your PC should be 192.168.15.x, where x is anything but 255, 0, or 244 (but the preferred value is 201, so all the diagnostics will work).

To exit from diags, you need a missing file and folder to hold diags status. You can create that by running the first test on the main diags menu. There are also instructions to create that manually, and some data.tar.gz files (such as that used by Duokan) do it for you.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #9
nurusz
Enthusiast

Thanks again
I'm sorry, but the last question ( I think so )
Quote:
To exit from diags, you need a missing file and folder to hold diags status. You can create that by running the first test on the main diags menu.
Ok, that will create the needed folder and file in it. Is there quit or exit option in that long menu ( as I remember )?
Old 07-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #10
nurusz
Enthusiast

T H A N K A L L O F Y O U
It's working !!!