Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
HoyPhoto
HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.HoyPhoto is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Glo at Costco

Was in Costco today and noticed that the Glo being sold for $127 and change and includes a black/dark grey sleep cover.

Just letting everyone know in case they are looking to buy.

Happy New Year!

Kelly
HoyPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I just saw them today and came "that" close to getting one... But I really couldn't justify getting a third e-ink reader; my Sony is barely 6 months old and my Mini is still a newborn....
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
I just saw them today and came "that" close to getting one... But I really couldn't justify getting a third e-ink reader; my Sony is barely 6 months old and my Mini is still a newborn....
Yes thats true, But your Mini Could use a Big Brother/Sister.....
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
HoyPhoto, where are you located? Costco is an international chain. Did you see this in the United States, or in Canada, or somewhere else?
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Canada...although it could also be available in the US but I doubt at "exactly" that price...
Old 12-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
A friend just picked up one at the Costco in Winnipeg. Great deal! The only color available is a black Kobo Glo with a black sleepcover. The Costco-specific packaging is horrendous: a giant card with a blister on it; very difficult to open. But the price is sweet: $127 plus tax; a savings of $41 off of Chapters/Indigo. Thanks for the tip, HoyPhoto!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
yhamm
Zealot
yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h20
Okay guys, stop tempting me. My touch is only a year old and works fine (weird firmware bugs notwithstanding) I don't need another device but...
yhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:03 PM   #8
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhamm View Post
Okay guys, stop tempting me. My touch is only a year old and works fine (weird firmware bugs notwithstanding) I don't need another device but...
Yes, you do...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:02 PM   #9
Cdesja5
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Yes, you do...

This is worse than going shopping with the girls... You always end up going home with some impulse item that they encouraged you to buy... Good thing Costco is closed tomorrow so that we can get past that impulse phase!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #10
yhamm
Zealot
yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I find I end up with lots of things I didn't intend to buy whenever I go to Costco...
Old 12-31-2012, 10:40 PM   #11
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I consider is a victory, albeit a small one, if I can get out of CostCo under $300.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:22 AM   #12
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhamm View Post

Did we mention it Glows in the dark??
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:26 AM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Did we mention it Glows in the dark??
And if you turn the light all the way up, you can use it as a torch!!! Very handy at my in-laws were the light switches are in strange places.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #14
murg
No Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
And if you turn the light all the way up, you can use it as a torch!!! Very handy at my in-laws were the light switches are in strange places.
Or annoying the significant other...
Old 01-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #15
yhamm
Zealot

So I went to Costco today. And there they were... the kobo glo right at the front of the store. I played with the demo model for a minute and I have to admit that it is snappier and crisper than my kobo touch but... I think that black bar on the bottom would drive me bonkers. And as someone on another thread mentioned, my current reader works fine for what I need and the money I would spend on the "latest and greatest model" could be spent on books. So no glo for me. (and I managed to spend less than 300$ this trip because of it )