Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-19-2023, 08:24 PM   #1
annekaelber
Enthusiast
annekaelber began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 8.0
Place the book detail panel at the bottom?

Hey all!

I had to reset my Win10 PC (where I keep my library) and I'm trying to get back to how I had it. I guess not all the settings get saved with the library.

Where can I specify that the book detail panel should be hortizontal along the bottom, instead of vertically along a side? I've been through every setting (I think?) and I cannot find one that will do what I did before. (Real clear, I know.)

Thanks y'all! I'm just too frazzled from the reset -- I'm probably staring right at it.

Anne
annekaelber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 08:33 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Go to Preferences => Look and Feel. Change the User interface layout (needs restart) to Narrow. Apply, restart calibre and you should see the Details at the bottom of the screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	look_and_feel.png
Views:	46
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	202732  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2023, 08:53 PM   #3
annekaelber
Enthusiast
annekaelber began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 8.0
It worked! I'll make a note of that setting in my reinstallation SOP. Thank you!!!

Anne
annekaelber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 08:59 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You also might want to do something about securing your calibre configuration settings, see How do I backup calibre?

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
book detail panel, settings