Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #16
PinkET
Enthusiast
PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Glo
I respect people's wishes to buy it asap, but what's the rush?

In my experience, my colleagues and friends who were always the first to buy 1st generation gadgets were also the ones with the problems or were finding out they made the wrong choice, ending up dissatisfied and disappointed.

Personally I am going to wait a couple of weeks and read owners reviews on both the Kindle PW and the Kobo Glo and watch the fora closely and then I'm going to decide.

Who knows, maybe other manufacturers might present their new front-lit readers in the mean time.
I'll have to be patient for a few weeks maybe months, but in the end I know so much about the reader I am going to buy, I will very likely be satisfied with it.

But that's me. I don't criticize anybody for wanting it now.

Mike

Last edited by PinkET; 09-11-2012 at 10:58 AM. Reason: typos
PinkET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #17
anonymoose
bookaholic
anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch, Kobo app on iPhone
Based on what happened with the Touch at Chapters when it first came out, if you are looking for a specific colour you may want to call ahead and double check that they have stock before you show up because they might get limited quantities of certain colours in their first shipments. The store may even put it on hold for you ahead of time.
anonymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2012, 05:45 AM   #18
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The 30 day return window at Chapters is for devices bought on-line. in store, it is 14 days. The 30 days apply even if you are returning it to a Chapters-Indigo store. The past isn't necessarily a guarantee of the future, but folks got their devices ordered on-line from Chapters before they were available in the store in my community.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #19
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Just to remind people here, when the Touch was launched, Canada Post was at the beginning of a pretty nasty strike (something about wanting 6 weeks vacation!?!). So, it may be faster this time around unless anyone has heard rumblings from the Union recently....
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo glo vox e-ink launch