Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Good e-Reader app store from getjar

Well, I'm 2 for 2 with this one--two failures.

I figured I could expect apps from getjar to work on the Vox, since the Get Apps app on the Vox takes me to getjar. They had the Good e-Reader App store app, from which one could download other apps.

From the Good e-Reader app store, I downloaded and installed Google Books for Android. It installed, but it wouldn't work beyond the first screen. I was not able to link it to an account because the app was simply frozen. So I uninstalled it.

I see the Good e-Reader app store offered a Kindle app newer than the one I have on my Vox, which is I think a version 1.x and working just fine. I recently purchased a Kindle book (Kobo didn't have it) and it's a great book and I'm right in the middle of it...I downloaded and installed the newer Kindle app. It crashed relentlessly on the Vox. I ended up reinstalling the old Kindle app. I lost my bookmark, but otherwise things are fine.

I don't know if it's just me, or if other people have downloaded apps from the Good e-Reader store and they're working fine on the Vox. I just thought I would provide my experience as a heads up. I don't think I'll try again. In fact, I think I may as well uninstall the Good e-Reader app.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:18 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Not sure what is happening with the app, I have downloaded apps from their website (not the app) and they work fine....
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #3
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Not sure what is happening with the app, I have downloaded apps from their website (not the app) and they work fine....
I've downloaded other apps from getjar and they work just fine, too. It's two of the apps I downloaded from the Good e-Reader app store app (the Good e-Reader app I got from getjar) that didn't work.

I'll try from their website. (I didn't know they had one, thanks for the info! )
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote