Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
0bserver92
0bserver92 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
External SD

I was wondering can I access .apk files and video files off of an external SD card or does it have to be on the device?
0bserver92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
BWinmill
Nameless Being

You can install APK files from the external SD card, but they end up being installed on the internal SD card (on a partition that you cannot see).

You can play videos on the external SD card, even using a network share, by launching them from a file manager.
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
You can also, post install, choose to move apps to the external card but this means the card needs to be loaded or they won't work obviously.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
You can also, post install, choose to move apps to the external card but this means the card needs to be loaded or they won't work obviously.
Cool. Does this mean that app installations will survive through a factory reset? If so, how do you move them?
Old 03-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Isn't it in Settings/Applications/Manage Applications? When you click on a particular app, you get the various options to Uninstall/Move to sd card, etc.

[edit]: No, I don't think they'll survive a reset. I mean, the files will still be on the extsd but the system won't know about them.

[edit2]: I'm just guessing, who knows? Maybe the system has a method for discovering apps installed on the extsd and it will survive a reset.

Last edited by mr_nobody; 03-17-2012 at 11:24 AM.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert