Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Youtube

I've got Youtube insisting on opening in the Opera browser. It won't run. I installed the flash player, still doesn't help. I can't get beyond the point in the flash settings where it asks how you want to handle storage of info.

I've searched the forum, I can't find how to get youtube to work. Do I have to clear Opera as the default browser?

Will I end up having to use a browser other than Opera?

Thanks!

Edited to update. I went to Settings--Applications--Opera, and I cleared the default settings. I then used the Vox's default browser to launch the Youtube app, and that worked. So it looks like Opera isn't going to behave with Youtube.

Just leaving this here in case anyone else finds the info helpful.

Last edited by 49Kat; 11-18-2011 at 12:37 AM.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
Jesslynne
Zealot
Jesslynne doesn't litterJesslynne doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Mini
Are you using the youtube that came 'installed' ? That works just as a link to it over the browser. I never used it but there is an actual app for Youtube that works well.

http://www.apktop.com/youtube-2-3-4.html
Jesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 02:10 AM   #3
Graycee
Enthusiast
Graycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle (2014)
I have run into the same issue but with Dolphin. I installed the dolphin browser and flash. I cannot get youtube to work with dolpin, but it works fine with the kobo browser.
Graycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:06 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
It's fine with Dolphin HD on my Vox. Hopefully, the update will make all of this kind of discussion unnecessary .
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
russilwvong
russilwvong began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
If YouTube has stopped working, try clearing your cookies.

Initially I was able to play YouTube videos from the stock browser--but it stopped working after I logged into YouTube. Clicking on any video would result in the spinning circle for about a minute, then the "Sorry, this video could not be played" error message.

I found that clearing the cookies--Browser, Settings, "Clear all cookie data"--fixed the problem.

My guess as to what's happening: YouTube provides video in a variety of formats, and I think it does some negotiation with your browser to figure out what format to send. For some reason the cookies are causing the negotiation to fail.
russilwvong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
skemsley
skemsley began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Clearing the cookies worked for me. However, that sort of defeats the purpose, since it logs me out of YouTube: I wanted to be logged in to be able to access my playlists and subscriptions.
skemsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #7
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
Yeah, I wish we could figure out what it is with the youtube login that ruins it. Obviously I started that account on my laptop so it must be remembering something about running Youtube on a Win7 Intel box that causes problems on Android.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote