Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-11-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
janhall_us
Enthusiast
janhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle2, Pocket eDGe, (full-size) eDGe, Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 10.1
What happens to notes and marks when you delete a book?

What happens to notes and marks you've made in a book when you delete that book from the eDGe Library? Are they gone for good or in a special file tied to the book like on Kindle?

Thanks,
Jan
janhall_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:36 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I have been guessing they would be gone -- which, if true, means I could end up with a large Library. Was hoping someone would answer you, but maybe tomorrow I will experiment and find out for sure.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 01:41 AM   #3
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi janhall!

I tried a few things today. I know that if you annotate a DRM-free epub in your Library, then delete it and add it to your Library again the markings are gone. The same seems to be true (test not complete) for DRM epubs that live in the Digital Editions folder on the eDGe.

I noticed that a few of my pdfs in the Digital Editions folder have annotation files buried deeper in that folder, so I am wondering if pdfs are treated differently. Haven't experimented with them yet but I will. Unless, of course, you have already found the answers!
Old 07-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Wasn't there something about this subject on the old forums, or is my memory slipping?
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
janhall_us
Enthusiast
janhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Thanks for all the checking. I just haven't had the time to experiment and it occurred to me after I'd deleted several annotated books off my eDGe that I'd probably lost my notes! Grrrr! I thought I'd seen somewhere here that there's a system library they're saved in so I was hoping it treated them the same as the Kindle and they would reattach if the book was re-added.

Thanks again for your help!
Jan
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #6
Filark

I'm gonna check Ivan's memory and do some searching. That and I haven't finished my experiments. Any of your books pdfs, janhall??
Old 07-14-2011, 07:37 AM   #7
janhall_us
Enthusiast

You can use the one here: http://db.tt/u4suZO7
Old 07-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #8
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
I have a PDF file I got from one of the app devs on the old forum called EdgeLibraryNotes that gives the structure of the dirs and which contains what. I can post it if anyone thinks it would be useful.

I also have several text files copied from the old forum. One about the journal files is below.

OK, here is what I found.

Journal files are indeed stored in
/sdcard/.edge/.esi-content
and have extension .esj

These files appear to be xournal files, but you cannot open them with xournal. You need to do the following first:
copy foo.esj to another machine with xournal installed.
mv foo.esj foo.gz
unzip foo.gz

Then open foo with text editor, and replace line
<page width="396.00" height="540.00" tabname="">
with line
<page width="396.00" height="540.00">

Then do:
gzip foo
mv foo.gz foo.xoj

The resulting foo.xoj file can then be opened with xournal. I guess I will simply write a script which does this automatically.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote