Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-20-2016, 10:16 AM   #1
BaconButty
Connoisseur
BaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 & iPad Mini & Galaxy Tab10
Exporting /importing settings only

I am in the process of transferring my library to a new laptop.

The recommended export method has failed twice and I am in the process of copying the library (books) to the new laptop.

Once this is done, I have the task of re-creating my Calibre settings.
I can set up each individual step (Calibre settings, add-ons, add-ons settings, etc...) but before I start, I wonder if there is a way of exporting these parameters only, excluding the library?

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance
BaconButty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:51 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconButty View Post
I am in the process of transferring my library to a new laptop.

The recommended export method has failed twice and I am in the process of copying the library (books) to the new laptop.

Once this is done, I have the task of re-creating my Calibre settings.
I can set up each individual step (Calibre settings, add-ons, add-ons settings, etc...) but before I start, I wonder if there is a way of exporting these parameters only, excluding the library?

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance
This is covered in the FAQ

Copy The (old) Configuration Folder CONTENTS
REPLACE entirely the (new) Configuration Folder CONTENTS

Start Calibre and point it to existing library: if needed (usually caused by a path change between systems)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 01:27 PM   #3
BaconButty
Connoisseur
BaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the tip, but neither the FAQ nor your reply help.
No Configuration file to be seen listed.
There is only 1 library and Calibre has none of my usual settings.

As this is the 3rd time I try to post my reply here and I keep getting thrown out. I think I'll just grab Calibre by the horns and reset everything... *sigh*

Thanks for your help, regardless of my failing.

Last edited by BaconButty; 08-20-2016 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:44 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The is a configuration FOLDER, and this contains multiple configuration files relating to different aspects of Calibre's configuration. These should all be copied into the Calibre configuration folder on the new install.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 03:21 PM   #5
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
The is a configuration FOLDER, and this contains multiple configuration files relating to different aspects of Calibre's configuration. These should all be copied into the Calibre configuration folder on the new install.
And it can be found here:

Preferences -> Miscellaneous -> Open calibre configuration directory
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 03:53 PM   #6
BaconButty
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
And it can be found here:

Preferences -> Miscellaneous -> Open calibre configuration directory
Thank you for that
I had found it the 'hard' way when I was replicating the Calibre settings from my 'old' laptop to the new.
Once I had the path, it was very simple to select all, copy and overwrite the contents of the 'new' folder.

Thank you all for your help and patience. This is very much appreciated.
It's been a flipping long day setting up this new laptop and I am mightily relieved to know my Calibre library is here safe and sound!

ETA: The thing is that once Calibre is set up, it runs so well without any further input that it is all to easy to forget the original steps taken to set it up. I don' tweak it as long as it behaves as I expect it to...

Last edited by BaconButty; 08-20-2016 at 04:25 PM.

Tags
exporting, settings