Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-02-2022, 09:03 PM   #1
Valwit
Enthusiast
Valwit began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Inkpad3Pro
PB 740 - Restoring icons, how to get rid of readrate?

After a factory reset i miss some icons in apps. I have them in the bottom menu, but only there. How can I restore or copy them so that they are visible in apps too? Device is rooted.

Also: any idea how to get rid of readrate? best would be complete removal, but if it's not running and not visible anymore i'd be happy too
Valwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 02:13 PM   #2
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Whenever I had "Jailbreak" installed on the 740, I had some problems during reinstallation, upgrade or downgrade.

For that, I would first turn off Jailbreak and then reinstall. Which should solve your missing icons problem

(If I'm not logged in to "readrate", it doesn't appear anywhere)

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 09-03-2022 at 02:17 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 02:41 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valwit View Post
Also: any idea how to get rid of readrate? best would be complete removal, but if it's not running and not visible anymore i'd be happy too
I only have a PB632 so I don't know if this applies to your model. Have you looked in Settings > Personalize > Widget settings?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 04:29 PM   #4
Valwit
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I only have a PB632 so I don't know if this applies to your model. Have you looked in Settings > Personalize > Widget settings?
the option is there, and i have i turned off. but i'd rather know which files are responsible and get rid of them completely.
Old 09-03-2022, 04:34 PM   #5
Valwit
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
For that, I would first turn off Jailbreak and then reinstall. Which should solve your missing icons problem
I tried that already, it does not solve the problem. There were several files missing on /mnt/secure after the whole thing, mostly configs, that made it impossible to login to the cloud for example. After i restored the (always good to have backups) and the PB logged in to the cloud/PBshop, it switched the shop and some apps to the ones for the polish market: legimi and empik
Again: these were not functional until i restored their config files, but the icons for these services are only visible in the menu at the bottom. not under applications

Last edited by Valwit; 04-16-2024 at 04:14 AM. Reason: typos
Old 09-03-2022, 05:49 PM   #6
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valwit View Post
I There were several files missing on /mnt/secure after the whole think, mostly configs, that made it impossible to login to the cloud for example.

- I don't know what version of FW you are using, but in that case I would try to download & install it again.
Technically speaking, this should fix the missing files.

- It just occurred to me, does the "view.json" and "apps.json" file, which you can find in:
Code:
\system\config\desktop\view.json
- In the "view.json" file (@Services) you should see the following items:
I'm just guessing and I'm not sure, but maybe this problem could be solved by editing the code here.
PHP Code:

"groups": [
            {

"title""@General",

"sort""title",

"apps": [

"PB_AudioBooks",

"PB_Browser",

"PB_Bookstore",

"PB_Empik",

"PB_Calendar",

"PB_Calc",

"PB_Dictionary",

"PB_Gallery",

"PB_Library",

"PB_Notes",

"PB_Onleihe",

"PB_Player",

"PB_RSSNews",

"PB_Settings"

]
            },
            {

"title""@Services",

"sort""title",

"apps": [

"PB_Dropbox",

"PB_Cloud",

"PB_SendToPB"

]
            },
            { 

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 09-03-2022 at 05:55 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 05:57 PM   #7
Valwit
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
- I don't know what version of FW you are using, but in that case I would try to download & install it again.
BTDT

Quote:
- In the "view.json" file you should see the following items:
That's a good one! thnx for pointing me to this one, that should help.
Old 04-16-2024, 04:16 AM   #8
Valwit
Enthusiast

Just to add: newer FW removed ReadRate so i was jus a head of time.