Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-19-2018, 01:23 PM   #1
zeno123
zeno123 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad
Problem with Pocketbook Inkpad

Hi

After connecting my pocketbook Inkpad to PC, i can apparently remove or add ebooks . But actually removing/adding books has no effect.
Has anyone experienced such an issue? Does it sound a hardware problem? Have you got some ideas?
Thanks Zeno
zeno123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:47 PM   #2
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Can you describe the problem a bit further? How do you copy the books onto the InkPad? What happens then? How do you know they're not there?
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2018, 07:32 AM   #3
zeno123

When i open the pocketbook on my pc, i can add books without any problem.
But these books are not on my pocketbook when i disconnect.
I don't understand...
Old 11-20-2018, 12:14 PM   #4
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try resetting the device. If that doesn't work, format the internal memory.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:53 PM   #5
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
You have to be more specific about what it means that the books are not on the pocketbook. If you reconnect via USB, are the books not where you copied them to? Do you mean that they are on the device but don't show up in the Library application?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2018, 01:35 PM   #6
zeno123

thanks for your answer rkomar!

Step 1) i copy new books via usb; it seems ok, the new books appears on the screen of my pc when i open the pocketbook

Step 2): i disconnect my pc, i open the pocketbook: the new books don't appear on the pocketbook

Step 3: if i reconnect via USB, the books are not where i copied them to.

i don't understand!!!
Old 11-20-2018, 01:37 PM   #7
zeno123

to be more specific: in the step 3 the new books don't show up in the libray application
and i can still open a book that i have deleted before on the screen of my pc!

it's very strange
Old 11-20-2018, 01:43 PM   #8
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

How do you copy the books onto the InkPad?
Old 11-20-2018, 03:02 PM   #9
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno123 View Post
to be more specific: in the step 3 the new books don't show up in the libray application
and i can still open a book that i have deleted before on the screen of my pc!

it's very strange
I would guess that your internal SD card is failing, and that it has been set to read-only mode by the operating system. You probably have to send the device in for servicing to get it fixed. You should contact PocketBook support about this. Perhaps LucyOne's suggestion to reform the internal memory via Settings>Maintenance will fix the problem. It will delete everything there (including ebooks, notes, bookmarks, last read page,...), so maybe you should talk to PocketBook first if you are worried about losing anything.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:31 PM   #10
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

Pocketbook support always recommends reformatting or resetting first. You can copy any personal data onto your PC before you do it.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:33 PM   #11
zeno123

I have just formated the internal memory.
After a step where i was asked the langage and the hour, everything is unchanged!
All my ebooks are still there: it's very strange again.
I think i can't reformat.

My pocketbook is four year's old so i'm wondering if it's a good idea to send the device. It' maybe better to buy another?
Old 11-21-2018, 04:18 AM   #12
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

This really sounds like the internal memory can only read. You better contact the support for that.
I can recommend the newest InkPad 3 if you decide to buy a new device.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:56 AM   #13
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno123 View Post
Hi

After connecting my pocketbook Inkpad to PC, i can apparently remove or add ebooks . But actually removing/adding books has no effect.
Has anyone experienced such an issue? Does it sound a hardware problem? Have you got some ideas?
Thanks Zeno
Hi !
• What format of books do you use exactly? You used the cloud service to synchronize you books?
Did you handle the extensions.cfg file?

• It can come from synchronization with pocketbook cloud.
More siple ca will be a UPgrade to new version 5.19.542

• In the case, that problem persists, makes backup and does 'internal formatting'.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 11-22-2018 at 08:15 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote