Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
ryuji35
Zealot
ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PPW5 Signature, Kobo Libra 2, Samsung Tab S6 Lite
Kindle 4 SO non-touch won't update! :'(

I am trying to update my K4NTSO from 4.0.1 to 4.1.0 but it always failed on the second stage (either U006 or u008)...

I think this is about my stupid bout in trying to do a screensaver hack meant for K4NT months ago (w/o SO)... I was new to kindle back then so I am not sure what I was doing but now I really don't care about the screensaver but I would just like to have the 4.1.0 update. Help...

P.S. I was reading some posts regarding the errors and their fixes and tried them all (although not sure if I did it correctly) but to no avail
ryuji35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:03 AM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
The easiest way is probably to re-flash the 4.0.0 main image and kernel using the method from the "Simple debricking" sticky, and then run the update.

Note: Don't flash the linked 4.0.1 kernel, it is broken!!!
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
ryuji35
Zealot
ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

will try it. Thanks!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuji35 View Post
will try it. Thanks!
The 4.0.1 kernel has been updated. The new one is larger and *should* be a good one.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #5
ryuji35
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
The 4.0.1 kernel has been updated. The new one is larger and *should* be a good one.
Thanks! But I got stuck into the driver installation part. Windows 7 is insisting on looking for drivers and won't load kindle_fastboot.inf so my kindle is being reas as USB input device
Advert
Old 08-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #6
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks! But I got stuck into the driver installation part. Windows 7 is insisting on looking for drivers and won't load kindle_fastboot.inf so my kindle is being reas as USB input device
Win7 x86, or 64-bit? If 64, you need to reboot and tell it to allow unsigned drivers.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #7
ryuji35
Zealot

Quote:
Win7 x86, or 64-bit? If 64, you need to reboot and tell it to allow unsigned drivers.
Win 7 x86.... I think I have a problem :/ My kindle became blank aand after restarting my computer, it wont read my kindle at all. Whenevr I plugged the USB, the led turns orange. If I unplug it, the led light is gone
Old 08-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #8
geekmaster

Quote:
Win 7 x86.... I think I have a problem :/ My kindle became blank aand after restarting my computer, it wont read my kindle at all. Whenevr I plugged the USB, the led turns orange. If I unplug it, the led light is gone
Charge it with a wall charger.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #9
ryuji35
Zealot

Quote:
Charge it with a wall charger.
Okay, will do. But going back to my previous error, my OS is Win7 x86...what shall I do to that?
Old 08-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #10
geekmaster

Quote:
Okay, will do. But going back to my previous error, my OS is Win7 x86...what shall I do to that?
What device drivers is it looking for (identifying name)? Or what USB VID/PID (look in device manager advanced properties)?

Check out the "small debricking guide for noobs" for some information that may help you.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #11
ryuji35
Zealot

Quote:
What device drivers is it looking for (identifying name)? Or what USB VID/PID (look in device manager advanced properties)?

Check out the "small debricking guide for noobs" for some information that may help you.
Okay will check this out once my kindle charges, Thanks!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #12
geekmaster

Quote:
Okay will check this out once my kindle charges, Thanks!
It would help if you answered my questions.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #13
ryuji35
Zealot

Quote:
It would help if you answered my questions.
Oh sorry! well, it didn't say. It's just that whenever I try to point the PC to the path where the kindle_fastboot.inf is, it says the folder does not have any compatible drivers for my device. Then it will install a driver that the PC found to be compatible to it (no flash or whatever as to what driver it installs) then it says that installing driver is complete. But looking at the device manager again, it's still Human INterface devices -> USB Input Device (The HID-compatible device is gone)
Old 08-07-2012, 06:21 AM   #14
ryuji35
Zealot

double post

Last edited by ryuji35; 08-07-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #15
ryuji35
Zealot

I've attempted to load the driver the kindle by clicking Start -> Device and Printers -> Unspecified -> Kindle ->Properties -> Hardware ->Properties -> Update driver.

Then Win7 found the Kindle Fastboot but it cannot load it. The error says "The system cannot find the file specified"