Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
lynnc1265
lynnc1265 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-300
Philadelphia Free Library

I see that quite a few people have obtained a non-resident library card from the Philadelphia Free Library. Can you tell me how long it took to get a response from them? I mailed my application and payment yesterday. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
lynnc1265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Either their website or application form stated 5-10 business days from receipt of application.

I sent mine late last week and have not yet received a response. I believe one person stated they received an email providing their card number and said the physical card was in the mail.

I'm hoping early to middle next week I should have some information.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
lynnc1265

Great - thanks!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #4
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
[QUOTE=grooks;864705] I believe one person stated they received an email providing their card number and said the physical card was in the mail.
QUOTE]

Yes, that was me. Nice response.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Sometimes I remember seeing responses but don't remember who said it.

What was the time between your application being sent and the arrival of the email?
Advert
Old 04-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #6
colleenFL
Groupie
colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW3, PW1, Kobo N647, Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-300, various tablets
I mailed an application for a library card to The Free Library of Philadelphia last month on the 8th. On the 17th, I received an email with the card number so I could begin using their online resources. I received the library card in the mail on the 26th.

Everything went through smoothly and quickly. It's a great library.
colleenFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:58 PM   #7
Kiasmama
Kiasmama began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-900
Glad I saw this thread-I filled out an application. With the sony 900 we can download the Epub and the pdf books, correct?

Edit: can calibre change the format from that Overdrive or whatever they are using?

Last edited by Kiasmama; 04-13-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Kiasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:22 PM   #8
grooks
Wizard

Sony's can read ePub and PDF from public libraries.

Calibre can only change format if you remove the DRM first. Do a search for ineptepub and ineptpdf.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:46 AM   #9
Kiasmama
Kiasmama began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Sony's can read ePub and PDF from public libraries.

Calibre can only change format if you remove the DRM first. Do a search for ineptepub and ineptpdf.
Thanks!
Kiasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #10
lynnc1265

Hi all! Just wanted to let you know that I got my library card. I mailed my application on 4/8, got my email from them on 4/16, and got the card in the mail on 4/19. Already downloaded several books!
Old 04-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #11
colleenFL
Groupie
colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW3, PW1, Kobo N647, Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-300, various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnc1265 View Post
Hi all! Just wanted to let you know that I got my library card. I mailed my application on 4/8, got my email from them on 4/16, and got the card in the mail on 4/19. Already downloaded several books!
Enjoy!
colleenFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #12
recce101
recce101 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony prs300
I mailed my application and check from Hawaii last week Monday and received my card number by email this week Tuesday (8 days). As a bonus, they're returning my $15 check since I'm over 65! I thought the over-65 break was only for PA residents, but apparently not. What a deal — love it!

Ned
recce101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:48 PM   #13
GrouchoM
Enthusiast
GrouchoM began at the beginning.

Device: none
would their books work on the jetbook lite?
GrouchoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:05 PM   #14
grooks
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouchoM View Post
would their books work on the jetbook lite?
No. The jetbook lite cannot read DRM ePUb and DRM PDF files.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #15
GrouchoM
Enthusiast
GrouchoM began at the beginning.

Device: none
any way to remove the drm from those books
GrouchoM is offline   Reply With Quote