Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-11-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
vinniet
Connoisseur
vinniet has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-500
Sony reader store missing books - Stephen King

Hello ... I had a couple of books by Stephen king in my wish list and now I am ready to buy them. When I went in there it said they were not avaliable to buy them and looking all new Stephen King books are gone. Is there something going on?

Thanks!
vinniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:39 AM   #2
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
It's probably due to the introduction of the "agency model" (see other threads in the News and General Discussion catagories). 5 of the big publishers introduced this because they want (probably) more money for their books and ebook-stores are not allowed to discount their book anymore as of April 1st. The problem now is that they did not have their (the publishers) systems changed before the 1st. They have made all/most of their catalogue unavailable until they have managed to get everything up and running again.

BooksOnBoard hopes that most ebooks of those publishers will be available mid-April again. They also can't assure that all of the books will be available again, though I think Stephen King's will be since he's a popular writer.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 07:05 AM   #3
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Makes me glad I got my copy of Under the Dome for Christmas!
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #4
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Me too. I was just looking for the new Stephen Hunter book I Sniper I saw it there last month and now all but one of his books are gone.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote