Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-14-2009, 06:40 AM   #1
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Calibre bugtracker deleted my account?

I just wanted to report a bug in the latest beta of Calibre, but for some reason I can't login to its bugtracker - I keep getting an invalid username or password error. Since the data is automatically filled by my browser, it is highly unlikely that they are wrong, so apparently my account got deleted. I wonder why.

Anyway, the bug I got is:
Code:
67% Creating LRF Output
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cli.py", line 234, in <module>
  File "cli.py", line 226, in main
  File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.pyo", line 725, in run
  File "calibre\ebooks\lrf\output.pyo", line 170, in convert
  File "calibre\ebooks\lrf\html\convert_from.pyo", line 1899, in process_file
  File "calibre\ebooks\lrf\__init__.pyo", line 86, in Book
  File "calibre\ebooks\lrf\__init__.pyo", line 38, in find_custom_fonts
  File "calibre\utils\fonts\__init__.pyo", line 17, in <module>
RuntimeError: Failed to load fontconfig with error:DLL load failed: Uvedený modul nebyl nalezen. <---- this means "The requested module was not found"
Command line I used was:
Code:
D:\Tmp\calibre-0.6.0b12\ebook-convert.exe "Z:\Temp\h2lC24.tmp\best_of_john_wyndham.htm" ".\best_of_john_wyndham.lrf" --cover="D:\Tmp\pokus\Wyndham John\best_of_john_wyndham.jpg" --output-profile=sony --chapter="//*[re:test(name(), '^h[23]', 'i') and re:test(@id, '^(chapter|part)', 'i')]" --chapter-mark=pagebreak --level1-toc=//h2 --level2-toc=//h3 --header --authors="John Wyn1% Converting input to HTML...
(It was passed to CreateProcess so all special characters were passed correctly; this command-line wouldn't work from CMD). It doesn't matter what HTML file I use as a source, it will fail even with simple "hello world"-style HTML.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I did do some maintenance on the calibre website, deleted some spam accounts, perhaps your's was one of them? If so, I apologize for the mistake. What was your username?

Make sure that the calibre install directory is in your PATH when you invoke ebook-convert (otherwise windows wont be able to find the needed DLLs).
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I did do some maintenance on the calibre website, deleted some spam accounts, perhaps your's was one of them? If so, I apologize for the mistake. What was your username?
pepak, of course :-)

Quote:
Make sure that the calibre install directory is in your PATH when you invoke ebook-convert (otherwise windows wont be able to find the needed DLLs).
Shouldn't DLLs in the executable's directory be found automatically?
Old 07-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepak View Post
pepak, of course :-)

Shouldn't DLLs in the executable's directory be found automatically?
DLL loading on windows is an ungodly mess. In their efforts to maintain backward compatibility, Microsoft has had to jump through umpteen hoops. I can't find the MSDN article on it right now, but a little googling should locate it.

Your account is certainly missing, sorry about that.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:59 AM   #5
pepak
Guru

And can you recreate it from a backup or should I create a new one?

As for the "not found" bug, the problem seems to be in querying calibre.zip: If called from a different directory without PATH defined, ebook-convert.exe queries not the archive itself, but a directory library.zip:
Code:
10:45:40	ebook-convert.e:2880	OPEN	D:\Tmp\calibre\ebooks\lrf\output.pyo	PATH NOT FOUND	Options: Open  Access: All	
10:45:40	ebook-convert.e:2880	OPEN	D:\Tmp\calibre\ebooks\lrf\output.pyo	PATH NOT FOUND	Options: Open  Access: All	
10:45:40	ebook-convert.e:2880	OPEN	D:\Tmp\calibre\plugins\output.pyo	NOT FOUND	Options: Open  Access: All	
10:45:40	ebook-convert.e:2880	OPEN	D:\Tmp\calibre\plugins\output.pyo	NOT FOUND	Options: Open  Access: All	
10:45:40	ebook-convert.e:2880	OPEN	D:\Tmp\calibre\library.zip\output.pyo	PATH NOT FOUND	Options: Open  Access: All	
10:45:40	ebook-convert.e:2880	OPEN	D:\Tmp\calibre\library.zip\output.pyo	PATH NOT FOUND	Options: Open  Access: All
But the archive calibre.zip is never actually queried.

On the other hand, if I set the PATH, when all attempts above fail, calibre.zip is also checked for the existence of the file. That seems to me like a bug in file-locator rather than a Windows quirk with loading libraries.
Advert
Old 07-15-2009, 11:11 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That mechanism is coded in at the python library lelvel, and while I could probably locate and monkey patch it, it's not worth the effort. Just set the PATH