Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-26-2008, 10:46 PM   #1
RWJ
Zealot
RWJ doesn't litterRWJ doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Trying out ADE file ebook from my local library ...

I've got it on my computer no problem, and can read it within Adobe DE. I see no way at all to transfer it to my 505, using either the software that came with the reader, or calibre. I know I'm pushing my luck with the dumb newbie questions, but I would be most grateful for anyone who can suggest how to do this.
RWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:37 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
You need to install the latest eBook Library software for DE to see the Reader.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
RWJ
Zealot
RWJ doesn't litterRWJ doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
You need to install the latest eBook Library software for DE to see the Reader.
Thanks very much.

I did all that, made sure everything was authorized with Adobe and so on, and it turns out my library locks them so they can't be transfered to a device. Which is singularly unhelpful of them.
RWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:46 PM   #4
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWJ View Post
Thanks very much.

I did all that, made sure everything was authorized with Adobe and so on, and it turns out my library locks them so they can't be transfered to a device. Which is singularly unhelpful of them.
I noticed the same thing with my library. ADE's are locked, mobipockets are not, however, and can be transferred to a device.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:38 PM   #5
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
That's too bad. My local library does allow transferring Adobe DE's to devices. I have an Adobe DE file from my library on my 505 right now. Too be honest, it isn't the best format for it. When increasing the font size to a size that is legible, the PDF reflow reflows everything on the page, but not across pages. What this means is that every other page ends up being about half blank. Also, probably due to careless formatting in the orginal books, sometimes paragraphs don't break when the document is reflowed, and sometimes there's a paragraph break right in the middle of the paragraph.

I do admit though to have the ability to check out books from the library and read them on my reader. I'll put up with the flaws because the price is right.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #6
Dorney
Dorney began at the beginning.

Device: treo
Will this then allow the 505 to read library ADEs or is it still library by library? Any idea how to find out a particular library's permissions?

Thanks!

Last edited by Dorney; 07-28-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Dorney is offline   Reply With Quote