Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-02-2017, 09:56 AM   #1
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Rescue pack

Hi to all!!

I had the kindle frozen and I coud only reboot pressing 40 seconds the power button. So I decided to use the rescue pack and I put the enable_diags file in the device. But now I can't keep on becouse my kindle is frozen in the diag menu!! What steps must I follow to continue and insert the IP and netmask on my PC?? (I've got windows 10)

Thanks
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:41 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the dev forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #3
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
I think the rescue pack set up the usb networking ssh server.

When you plug it into USB on your computer, it should make an 'RDNIS ethernet gadget'

Go to that, and hit properties, and change the TCPIP/ IPV4 ( I cant remember exact name ) settings to

IP address: 192.168.15.201
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Everyhitng else: blank

Then you should be able to telnet or ssh to '192.168.15.244', using PuTTY or any other program you like.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:42 PM   #4
theol0403
Enthusiast
theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle PW3
Once you have ssh (or not)

Once you have ssh run this command:
Code:
idme -d --bootmode main; reboot
However, if you are having trouble getting ssh I have another solution. This only works if you have already jailbroken.
I had to unbrick my pw3 a while ago, and I used the serial method to reboot into diags. However, after fixed the problem I was stuck in diags and I couldn't exit and didn't have ssh or rescue pack so I copied geekmasters data.tar.gz https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=169645
and his sample runme to the home directory.
After 2 reboots to see if the runme worked(one to install the data.tar.gz and one to run the runme), runme worked. I then removed the runme.done and replaced the contents of the runme with
Code:
idme -d --bootmode main; reboot
This is another way to run an ssh command
Good luck
theol0403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:40 AM   #5
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

moving

Where's the "dev" forum in which my thead was moved?
Advert
Old 10-04-2017, 12:08 PM   #6
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Commands to fix

I've got into the device. I've installed only the Rescue pack and I got in to the device using kindle_rndis.inf_amd64-v1.0.0.1.zip (I don't know if I've done well...) But I've used just the commands:

idme -d --bootmode main (enter)

reboot (enter)

So my kindle became unfrozen. After a short time got frozen again! I repeated the procedure and at the moment I'm unfrozen...

Could you suggest me the exact commands that I must insert to fix finally the device? (If you have any other solution or something else to install, I'll listen to you)

Thanks a lot
Old 10-04-2017, 01:14 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
Where's the "dev" forum in which my thead was moved?
Right here. You're in it now.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:23 PM   #8
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
I've got into the device. I've installed only the Rescue pack and I got in to the device using kindle_rndis.inf_amd64-v1.0.0.1.zip (I don't know if I've done well...) But I've used just the commands:

idme -d --bootmode main (enter)

reboot (enter)

So my kindle became unfrozen. After a short time got frozen again! I repeated the procedure and at the moment I'm unfrozen...

Could you suggest me the exact commands that I must insert to fix finally the device? (If you have any other solution or something else to install, I'll listen to you)

Thanks a lot
Have you inspected the logs to see what is going on? Enter ";dm" without the quotes into the global search exactly as written. This will result in several log files appearing in your documents directory. If you can't determine the problem yourself you can upload them in this thread as attachments for someone who understands them to inspect.

Required action depends upon what the problem is. Offhand, it sounds like you might have some problems with the flash chip and it is attempting to correct them. If this is indeed the case then all that is needed is time and battery power. If you suspect this problem plug the kindle into a wall outlet that is NOT switched and leave it alone for a few days. Once the errors are corrected you should have a properly working kindle, until the next failure that is.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:58 PM   #9
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

log files

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
Have you inspected the logs to see what is going on? Enter ";dm" without the quotes into the global search exactly as written. This will result in several log files appearing in your documents directory. If you can't determine the problem yourself you can upload them in this thread as attachments for someone who understands them to inspect.

Required action depends upon what the problem is. Offhand, it sounds like you might have some problems with the flash chip and it is attempting to correct them. If this is indeed the case then all that is needed is time and battery power. If you suspect this problem plug the kindle into a wall outlet that is NOT switched and leave it alone for a few days. Once the errors are corrected you should have a properly working kindle, until the next failure that is.

Dave
The log files dimensions exeeded the forum limit...
Can I send the files in othe ways?
Old 10-04-2017, 02:30 PM   #10
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The log files dimensions exeeded the forum limit...
Can I send the files in othe ways?
When you compose your response to this message you should see "attach files" under "Additional Options" beneath the text entry window with a "Manage Attachments" button. Click the "Manage Attachments" button and follow the directions to upload your log files to attach to the reply.

Dave

PS: if they are large then zip them first

Last edited by dhdurgee; 10-04-2017 at 02:32 PM. Reason: add PS
Old 10-04-2017, 02:39 PM   #11
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

(a try to attach the files)

Quote:
When you compose your response to this message you should see "attach files" under "Additional Options" beneath the text entry window with a "Manage Attachments" button. Click the "Manage Attachments" button and follow the directions to upload your log files to attach to the reply.

Dave

PS: if they are large then zip them first
I think they sould appear.
Attached Files
File Type: rar log files kindle.rar (300.7 KB, 76 views)
Old 10-04-2017, 03:02 PM   #12
dhdurgee
Guru

The files are here and I inspected them with my limited understanding of them. I am afraid it will take someone more familiar with them than I am to diagnose your problem. Now that the logs are available I hope someone can suggest a course of action for you.

Dave
Old 10-04-2017, 05:29 PM   #13
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Charging

Quote:

Dave
I have a wall outlet like this in the attached file.
Few days of charging seem too much, are you sure that the battery does't melt or get spoiled and later get empty in few minutes?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outlet.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	159299  
Old 10-04-2017, 07:57 PM   #14
dhdurgee
Guru

Quote:
I have a wall outlet like this in the attached file.
Few days of charging seem too much, are you sure that the battery does't melt or get spoiled and later get empty in few minutes?
Of course you need to use a USB cord and power adapter to connect the kindle to the wall outlet. The kindle has built in battery control hardware that will prevent an overcharge. The hardware, howver, is under control of the firmware and can be restricted to charging the battery at the lowest possible rate. This results in a very long time to completely charge the battery under those circumstances.

It is VERY important for the battery not to be completely discharged while the flash memory is being modified. When this occurs the flash memory module is usually damaged in an unrecoverable state and must be replaced.

Replacing the memory module requires equipment not normally found outside an electronics manufactury or lab, and thus the kindle is effectively of use only for parts should the memory be damaged. Thus our recommendation to always be sure the kindle is fully charged especially for any sort of firmware upgrade. Amazon has had to replace any number of kindles that failed when they forced an OTA update on an insufficiently charged kindle.

Dave

Last edited by dhdurgee; 10-04-2017 at 07:58 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-06-2017, 11:09 AM   #15
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Charging failed

I charged the kindle for 20 hours and it's still bricked. (Must I try with 3 days?)
I've tryed a reboot as I wrote above and nothig... bricked
I created the USB drive with Kubrick but my windows 10 don't seem to boot from the usb drive ("Invalid licence signature" or something like this)

What can you suggest me?

(I was thinking to create another partition on my pc and instal Linux and try to boot Kubrick from there...)