Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
The ADW conundrum

I downloaded ADW EX to my Galaxy 10 inch so that I could Dropbox it to the KF. I went thru folder after and folder and couldn't find it. Does anyone know where it goes? I know it's on there, it installed. Thanks for your help.
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
I downloaded ADW EX to my Galaxy 10 inch so that I could Dropbox it to the KF. I went thru folder after and folder and couldn't find it. Does anyone know where it goes? I know it's on there, it installed. Thanks for your help.
All the APKs are installed in /data/app but you can only access them if you have root.

When you download an app from the market it is downloaded to a temporary location and then moved to /data/app, you don't have access to the temp location either.

Bottom line, unless you have root access on your device, you won't be able to extract the APK.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #3
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
All the APKs are installed in /data/app but you can only access them if you have root.

When you download an app from the market it is downloaded to a temporary location and then moved to /data/app, you don't have access to the temp location either.

Bottom line, unless you have root access on your device, you won't be able to extract the APK.
Well, that explains it. Darn
Old 02-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
eumie
Enthusiast
eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 4, Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kindle Oasis 2
You can try using a file manager like ES File Explorer or Astro (free in Playstore) to back up the apps, then browse to the backup folder on your tablet and send them to Dropbox. That's what I did when I still had my Fire and android phone. This doesn't work for all apps (some paid apps can't be copied in this way), but it doesn't hurt to try.
eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
iPatty
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by eumie View Post
You can try using a file manager like ES File Explorer or Astro (free in Playstore) to back up the apps, then browse to the backup folder on your tablet and send them to Dropbox. That's what I did when I still had my Fire and android phone. This doesn't work for all apps (some paid apps can't be copied in this way), but it doesn't hurt to try.
Good idea. I'll give it a try.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:50 AM   #6
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
If you feel up to it, give it a root. You may like what you find.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 AM   #7
iPatty
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultBoy View Post
If you feel up to it, give it a root. You may like what you find.
I rooted my first KF. It wasn't all that exciting. I'm not going to do it again unless there is something I absolutely have to have and it's not KF legal.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #8
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Did you try using ES File Explorer or Android Assistant to find the files on the drive needed?
They also allow you to upload/share to your DropBox or Box.net cloud account as well as backup the apk file.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:41 PM   #9
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Instead of ADW why not try Go Launcher EX (Free version) as your Launcher instead?
Or do you have a Fire HD and not a 1st gen and thus have only ADW as your choice?
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:41 AM   #10
iPatty
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Instead of ADW why not try Go Launcher EX (Free version) as your Launcher instead?
Or do you have a Fire HD and not a 1st gen and thus have only ADW as your choice?
I have HD but ADW free downloaded and installed without a problem on there. Now I'm happy.