Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
MrGammaRay
MrGammaRay began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Ereader
New book starts after ToC?

Hi all,

Why is it that when I load a book into my Kobo (I generally use Calibre) and begin to read it for the first time it starts on page 2 or 3? Why doesn't the book start at the cover? Is this intentional, or am I missing something?

As an aside, I am enjoying the ereading experience more than I thought I would. Very comfortable to hold and read. Particularly when you are lazing around the couch, or otherwise on your side. Easier than trying to hold open a book.

Thanks,
-steve-
MrGammaRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
I can't say why, but some of my books do that too... especially ones i've converted in calibre.
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
I'm pretty sure this is a TOC issue; AFAIK the Kobo will jump to the first table of contents entry when you open a book for the first time. If your book does not have a TOC, it'll just go from the very beginning (aka, the cover image).
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
MrGammaRay
MrGammaRay began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Ereader
Thanks for the info Stinger. Kinda makes sense. Too bad though, I kinda like seeing the cover, publishing info and stuff when I start a book. Guess I'll just have to scroll back to the cover.

Aside: My Kobo seems to choose random books from the I'm Reading section to designate as my Currently Reading book. But not the one I'm actually reading. Anyone else experience this?
-steve-
MrGammaRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:28 PM   #5
Samantha45
Connoisseur
Samantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGammaRay View Post

Aside: My Kobo seems to choose random books from the I'm Reading section to designate as my Currently Reading book. But not the one I'm actually reading. Anyone else experience this?
-steve-
Yes. It's happened to me.
Samantha45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert