Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-23-2015, 09:27 AM   #811
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
I changed the code of koreader to hide the CJK fonts from the list of fonts shown. The modification is clean and minimal. If there is interest I will share.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:15 AM   #812
john4545
john4545 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
I cant seem to open azw3 files.It is showing that there are files inside the folder but when I open the folder,no files are shown
john4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2015, 10:41 AM   #813
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@john4545: That's because AZW files (of any kind, be it DRM encumbered MOBI6, PDF or KF8) aren't supported.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:59 AM   #814
john4545
john4545 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@john4545: That's because AZW files (of any kind, be it DRM encumbered MOBI6, PDF or KF8) aren't supported.
supported yet or never?
john4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:06 PM   #815
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Definitely never if DRM encumbered, most probably never for unencombered ones.

TL;DR: Nope.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2015, 03:23 PM   #816
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Just use the native reader application for azw files.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:30 AM   #817
guerrilla
Connoisseur
guerrilla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
I changed the code of koreader to hide the CJK fonts from the list of fonts shown. The modification is clean and minimal. If there is interest I will share.
I'd be interested!
guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:18 AM   #818
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Change koreader to hide the CJK fonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerrilla View Post
I'd be interested!
You will need to edit the file
Code:
frontend/ui/font.lua
There, you will edit
Code:
function Font:_readList(target, dir)
which is the function relevant to building the list of fonts. The new code follows:
Code:
function Font:_readList(target, dir)
-- begin hfpop
    -- *.ttf files in /usr/java/lib/fonts/
    local fonts_cjk = {}
    fonts_cjk["code2000"] = true 
    fonts_cjk["HYGothicBold"] = true 
    fonts_cjk["HYGothicMedium"] = true 
    fonts_cjk["HYMyeongJoBold"] = true 
    fonts_cjk["HYMyeongJoMedium"] = true 
    fonts_cjk["MTChineseSurrogates"] = true 
    fonts_cjk["MYingHeiSBold"] = true 
    fonts_cjk["MYingHeiSMedium"] = true 
    fonts_cjk["MYingHeiTBold"] = true 
    fonts_cjk["MYingHeiTMedium"] = true 
    fonts_cjk["SongTBold"] = true 
    fonts_cjk["SongTMedium"] = true 
    fonts_cjk["STSongBold"] = true 
    fonts_cjk["STSongMedium"] = true 
    fonts_cjk["TBGothicBold_213"] = true 
    fonts_cjk["TBGothicMed_213"] = true 
    fonts_cjk["TBMinchoBold_213"] = true 
    fonts_cjk["TBMinchoMedium_213"] = true 
-- end hfpop
    -- lfs.dir non-exsitent directory will give error, weird!
    local ok, iter, dir_obj = pcall(lfs.dir, dir)
    if not ok then return end
    for f in iter, dir_obj do
        if lfs.attributes(dir.."/"..f, "mode") == "directory" and f ~= "." and f ~= ".." then
            self:_readList(target, dir.."/"..f)
        else
            local file_type = string.lower(string.match(f, ".+%.([^.]+)") or "")
            if file_type == "ttf" or file_type == "ttc"
                or file_type == "cff" or file_type == "otf" then
-- begin hfpop
            local file_name = string.match(f, "(.+)%.[^.]+")
            if fonts_cjk[file_name] == nil then
-- end hfpop
                table.insert(target, dir.."/"..f)
-- begin hfpop
            end
-- end hfpop
            end
        end
    end
end
You will need to edit YOUR version of this file according to my additions.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:51 PM   #819
crazybrit
crazybrit doesn't littercrazybrit doesn't littercrazybrit doesn't litter

Device: Nexus5, Nexus9
Just FYI. Nexus 9, running 5.1.1

The latest build reliably fails, dialog pops up saying the app unexpectedly terminated.

The stable build works fine except it hangs every time if started from Caliber Companion. I have to force-stop the app.

If I open a pdf directly from it's built in file manager that works fine though it seems to be able to get into a state (not fully reproducible) where if I go back to the home screen and then click on koreader, it will similarly hang (black screen) but I have to clear data as well as force-stop to fix.

The "Zoom to fit content" is amazing, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! I notice that it doesn't take note of whether the progress bar is visible at the bottom and so it can obscure the last line of text.

Thanks again.
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:29 AM   #820
hfpop
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerrilla View Post
I'd be interested!
Any feedback on your experience?
Old 06-17-2015, 12:40 PM   #821
Rickkins
Groupie
Rickkins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite G000PP(5.10.0.2)
Hey guys, any word yet if this will work on the "new and improved" paperwhite....??

Yea, I know it's early, just askin' is all.....
Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:25 PM   #822
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I think so. Maybe, the device specific data needs a tad bit tweaking. But first - have it run third party code.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 03:11 PM   #823
Rickkins
Groupie
Rickkins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite G000PP(5.10.0.2)
Cool. Turns out I really like this KOReader thing.

Thanks.
Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:49 AM   #824
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
Is share on facebook function is implemented?
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 05:50 AM   #825
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
No.
(This forum insists on getting at least 5 chars for the message, but for the answer to the question at hand, two were actually enough...)
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch