Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
adding a CSS to a file

I'm very new at using Calibre. If I have an html file that I want to convert to epub or mobi, and have a CSS file, how can I use Calibre to attach that CSS to my text file? Or do I need to use something like Sigil to do the attachment, and then use Calibre to convert my file to mobi? I'm trying to make files that can be read on either Kindle or epub readers, on anything from a smartphone to an iPad, so formatting has to be kept simple and to a minimum.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I'm very new at using Calibre. If I have an html file that I want to convert to epub or mobi, and have a CSS file, how can I use Calibre to attach that CSS to my text file? Or do I need to use something like Sigil to do the attachment, and then use Calibre to convert my file to mobi? I'm trying to make files that can be read on either Kindle or epub readers, on anything from a smartphone to an iPad, so formatting has to be kept simple and to a minimum.
ducks.css is now in the Manifest
OK
How does your HTML know how to use my selectors?

If the CSS was designed as part of the HTML and includes the appropriate Link entries.
You should zip all the Pieces (HTML files, Images,CSS) into a ZIP file before importing into Calibre.
The key is the HTML-CSS work together before you added to Calibre.

If you CSS only applies to standard HTML tags, you can insert the contents into Extra CSS in the Look and feel section of the Conversion Screen.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can unzip with Windows 7, but I haven't figured out how to zip yet.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I can unzip with Windows 7, but I haven't figured out how to zip yet.
Tweak EPUB (T on the Calibre selected title keyboard)
Takes care of Pack and Unpack. Edit away then repack
Old 09-17-2011, 10:36 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Tweak EPUB (T on the Calibre selected title keyboard)
Takes care of Pack and Unpack. Edit away then repack
That's putting the cart before the horse. She is trying to pack html, css files into a zip file to add to calibre so maybe it can be converted to an ePub.

Then again, your earlier post shows that you knew this yesterday.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
That's putting the cart before the horse. She is trying to pack html, css files into a zip file to add to calibre so maybe it can be converted to an ePub.

Then again, your earlier post shows that you knew this yesterday.
She's tossing curves
said Unzip, Then did not know how to put (back) together.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #7
BeccaPrice
Wizard

I think I was just unclear.

I've got a txt file I want to convert. I'd like to add a CSS to it, but I don't know how. theducks told me to add it to a zip file - do i need special software, like WinZip, to zip files or is there a Windows 7 function that will do that?
Old 09-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I think I was just unclear.

I've got a txt file I want to convert. I'd like to add a CSS to it, but I don't know how. theducks told me to add it to a zip file - do i need special software, like WinZip, to zip files or is there a Windows 7 function that will do that?
A windows compressed folder is a really Zip file. After adding, you might have to add the extension.
Me: I am a WinRar fan
Old 09-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Would it maybe be simpler for BeccaPrice to just ADD the CSS to the start of the text file?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote