Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #106
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious
Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Very impressed that you located the receipt after three years. Personally I tend to forget where I put stuff like that half an hour after arriving home. Then, at some unknown point in time after that, it lands in the thrash and is irretrievably lost.

Anyway, I see my particular model (the most expensive one, due to leather quality) is $2500 today, footstool included. I'm sure I paid $2500, so I must have taken the time to haggle. In any case it's nice to see that not everything is more expensive here than anywhere else on the planet.
Istvan diVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #107
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
This is my reading chair which I love to bits Its an oldy but a goody we did a bit of work on it purchasing new foam and recovering it in red(it used to be a horrid 70s green check)

Part of the reason I love sitting in it to read other than it's comfortable is the sunny window in front of it.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2013, 05:10 AM   #108
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
I've had a couple version of the IKEA POÄNG http://www.ikea.com/se/sv/catalog/products/S09805476/ with the footstool but maybe it's time for something more luxurious..
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:47 AM   #109
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious
Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
The Poäng is certainly a comfy chair and keenly priced, but it really doesn't last all that well if it sees a lot of use. While the Ekornes (or something similar) is far more expensive, over twenty years, say, the difference won't be anywhere near as bad. At least if used the way I use it: almost every day, for reading, TV, movies and the occasional unplanned nap. The Ekornes will last that long, but I'm fairly sure I'd wear out around six Poängs in the same time.
Istvan diVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #110
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
I always read laying on my stomach on the floor. A hang on from childhood. That is until I feel pregnant with twins, by 4 months it was impossible LOL It is a bit strange but I could never do it again after they were born. I ten went to sitting cross legged, indian style in a big armchair. These days I tend to sort of recline on my side on the sofa with a big pillow behind my head. I tend to start upright then slowly slide down

Quiet a few years ago now Harvey Norman use to have this lounge chair with one arm higher like a back and the other arm like this amazing wave you could fling your leg over. If I could find one now I would buy it in a heartbeat.

applesauce

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #111
greenasterisk
Enthusiast
greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post
Does Porcelein Count?
We call it 'The Throne' around here.
greenasterisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #112
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I will have to take a picture of my 'Reading' chair. I will post it when I get home. It was part my mother's livingroom set. When she died, I took one. I always loved it.

Here is a picture of Hammy in the chair.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0307.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	496.6 KB
ID:	111181  

Last edited by pagansoul; 09-16-2013 at 05:55 PM.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #113
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
My daughter has her favourite reading chair. It has a built in foot-warmer and vibration massage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	483.1 KB
ID:	112400  
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:17 AM   #114
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
My daughter has her favourite reading chair. It has a built in foot-warmer and vibration massage.
Awwwwwwww, best foot warmers evva!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:11 AM   #115
Noritje
Enthusiast
Noritje began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300, Kobo Glo
I've an L shape couch so I kinda 'parked' myself at the corner where the two meets.
I either sits with my legs straight on the couch or put it under me in the Indian style.
I have heard that nursing chair is a good reading chair... don't know how true is that but I've read on a rocking chair and it is awesome.

Or a hammock by the beach.

*sigh*
Noritje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #116
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan diVega View Post
The Poäng is certainly a comfy chair and keenly priced, but it really doesn't last all that well if it sees a lot of use.
Agreed. I've had two of them. On both of them the wooden frame supporting the seat cushion physically broke after about 2-3 years. Perhaps they'd be fine for someone who weighs less than me, but I gave up on them after that, and now I have a leather "power recliner" which is great.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #117
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
I have a back injury that makes sitting for extended periods uncomfortable and very painful, so if I'm settling in to read or even watch TV I like to be somewhere that I can sit up, stretch, lay down, roll over (Am I sounding like a trained dog, yet? lol), and otherwise adjust to get comfortable and relieve pressure on my lower back. Presently, the only piece of furniture we own that fits the bill is my very comfy bed.

That will be changing soon, however! My brother's fiance does not like his L-shaped sofa (while his sister here loves them), so he is giving us his old one when she finds something more to her liking. I am rather excited, as my parents had one while I was growing up and I absolutely loved it. I'd flop my way from one end to the other, with special preference given to snuggling in to the rounded corner. That was always my favorite spot, and I'm looking forward to having one of my very own that I don't have to share with anyone but my spouse and my cats!
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:23 PM   #118
donpapachino
donpapachino began at the beginning.

Device: none
i prefer reading while lying down on the bed, but only for a short period of time, 30 minutes - 1 hour. then the temptation to sleep kicks in. guess i need to invest in reading chair then.
donpapachino is offline   Reply With Quote