Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #391
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Disappointed with no audio/TTS. I don't use it much, but still. (And it is not clear that Fire HD has TTS, just the audiobook whispersync thing). And only 2GB now (actually only 1.25GB available).
Get the Nexus 7 with Moon+ and you'll have the best TTS solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I just ordered one, and will probably not cancel, but my vibe is a little harshed.

Note the $49.99 4G plan for Fire HD LTE is just for the first year. After that, presumably it goes up to the normal $14.99/mo that AT&T charges.
This makes more sense, $50/yr was too good too be true... however I must...are you sure it's ?

During the live event I didn't hear Amazon mention this was only for the first year, if it's true this is very misleading of Amazon, and very characteristic of them.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #392
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCL View Post
plus the fire does not have a accelerometer
Yes it does.

Anyway... some of the new offerings are very nice but nothing to make me want to spend money. Maybe the next generation....

Last edited by ApK; 09-06-2012 at 05:03 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #393
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Keep the K4 as backup.

I still have my K3 which is backup to my K4.
I am seriously thinking of getting the new K4 and later for my bday get the KPW but what the heck as I going to do with my currently K4 and K3. I don't have anyone locally I could give it to.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #394
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
God, that was annoying. I consider myself decently educated but if I had to stand in a pulpet trying to answer questions with that ringing in my ears, I would get zero correct answers.
How about something soothing?

Spoiler:
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #395
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I see. Yeah, if I take the PW I will need a forwarder, makes it even more expensive, in the end a refund might be the simplest solution. I don't dislike the K4 in anyway, but I did get a tad excited when seeing the PW.
Well, I followed your advice and ordered the PW to be delivered to a forwarder.

It annoys me to bits though, that bezos strategy : "since no one else (no nook, no kobo glo) is on the european market with a front-lit e-ink, we don't need to go either". That really is BS on a grand scale....
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #396
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I'm having a hard time with Amazon's new marketing term paperwhite I keep on reading paperweight even when I hear it I automatically hear paperweight and think the person had a lisp.

Even my keyboard keeps on getting to correct the term with paperweight.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #397
MikeCL
Zealot
MikeCL began at the beginning.

Device: KKB-3G
Hmm next year a color E-ink with the paperwhite display?
MikeCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #398
ManosHandsOfFate
Addict
ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, K3, Fire, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I'm having a hard time with Amazon's new marketing term paperwhite I keep on reading paperweight even when I hear it I automatically hear paperweight and think the person had a lisp.

Even my keyboard keeps on getting to correct the term with paperweight.
At least it's not paperwight. That would be terrifying.
ManosHandsOfFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #399
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
I came so close to hitting the buy button on the PW and case, but backed off. I think I'm going to wait for the reviews this time. I have a KF, K3g, and K4NT right now to keep me company.

Besides, the new iPhone announcement is coming in 6 days.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #400
MikeCL
Zealot
MikeCL began at the beginning.

Device: KKB-3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I am seriously thinking of getting the new K4 and later for my bday get the KPW but what the heck as I going to do with my currently K4 and K3. I don't have anyone locally I could give it to.

I don't understand how anyone here can have so many e readers..

I still have my kindle keyboard which turns a year old this month.
MikeCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #401
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:

Spoiler:
I think the monkey has been possessed by a demon.
If the head starts spinning I'm outta here...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #402
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I think the monkey has been possessed by a demon.
If the head starts spinning I'm outta here...
I'll leave when the projectile vomiting starts.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #403
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I don't understand how anyone here can have so many e readers..

I still have my kindle keyboard which turns a year old this month.
It's like this. I use My K4 downstairs, I use My K3 upstairs and I use my Kindle Fire at night in bed when the lights are out. With the new Paperwhite I don't need the K3. I want the new K4 because of contrast issues with the one I own plus the extra fonts and storage.

So I really need two eInks and the KF will be used as a tablet finally not a eReader. I need to sell but I doubt anyone would buy my K3 or K4 though.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #404
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:

Spoiler:
Well I didn't guess that one!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #405
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I don't understand how anyone here can have so many e readers...
It's quite easy, you just keep buying them

Glad I still have my K3 as my cat put a faint scratch in the screen of my Touch last night and I'm not sure yet if it'll be noticeable while reading. My K2 and Opus get used as loaners when someone wants to borrow a book.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote