Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-27-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Question Case for Glo

Though I bought my Touch not a year ago, I think I'll let me be tempted (and will succomb) to the Glo when it'll be available in France. But, as the size isn't the same as the Touch, I'll need a new cover for the Glo. I hate my actual Touch's cover (bought from FNAC at the same time as the Touch and I was badly received when I contacted the FNAC consumer's service to complain about it). So I won't buy the cover from FNAC. I had a look on the covers displayed on the Kobowebsite and they are expensive

Is there already any cover fit for the Glo elsewhere ?
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #2
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
I'd suggest that you just get a 'cheap generic' and look around again a couple of months after release when the 'after market' covers start to come on-stream.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #3
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I did a quick read-up earlier today on the sleep covers. They seem pretty cool (very pricey). Could be a nice addition if you want to treat yourself? Apparently like the iPad's smartcover (or whatever it is called) it will put to sleep and wake up the reader.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't care for the sleep cover, it's something I don't miss as for a chip generic and light cover, that's exactly what I'm looking for, but one that does fit the glo dimensions... Any suggestion ?
Old 11-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
I have a Black Trifold PU Leather Case from Skindigital for my Touch and it fits the Glo pretty good, I had to cut the top flap a little bit to free the light button but I'm really happy with the result I really love that cover, it's really comfortable to hold and you can make your Kobo stand when you read at the table

http://www.skindigitalstore.com/copy...er-case-cover/
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #6
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
I ordered an awesome case for my Glo from eKover.com only $35 and its gorgeous! Love it!
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:21 AM   #7
vice-versa
whippet addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
I have a Black Trifold PU Leather Case from Skindigital for my Touch and it fits the Glo pretty good, I had to cut the top flap a little bit to free the light button but I'm really happy with the result I really love that cover, it's really comfortable to hold and you can make your Kobo stand when you read at the table

http://www.skindigitalstore.com/copy...er-case-cover/
Have you easy access to your SD Card slot ? How far is the top of Glo from the top of the case ? (I mean : is it easy to wake/send to sleep it ?)
Old 11-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #8
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
Have you easy access to your SD Card slot ? How far is the top of Glo from the top of the case ? (I mean : is it easy to wake/send to sleep it ?)
Yes I have easy access to the SD card and the case is tight enough that the KG doesn't slip and stays all the way to the top of the case so the on/off button is easy to reach
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #9
vice-versa
whippet addict

thank you
Old 11-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I was looking for a sleeve with a pocket for the USB cord. I ordered this velvety Case Crown one from eBay:

It is a little longer than the Kobo Glo but isn't too bulky. The inside is a smooth nylon fabric so it won't add lint to the reader.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #11
Lupa
Lupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I bought Tuff-Luv Slim Book-Style leather case cover for my glo and it fits it fine. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tuff-Luv-Boo...2148771&sr=8-1

Some pics:

Lupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:25 AM   #12
vice-versa
whippet addict

thanks for the pics

As for me : I want a stand to read "without the hands" (great when eating or knitting, etc...) and will try to avoid elastic as it ages very fast. I'd like something like the one Estelle posted here or something similar
Old 11-09-2012, 05:12 AM   #13
SeigneurAo
Connoisseur
SeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kobo Glo
Gecko Covers released their sleep cover for Glo.
Price is decent enough and their products are good, I owned one for my Touch.
http://www.geckocovers.com/kobo-glo-...over-luxe.html
SeigneurAo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #14
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
It also looks like Gecko are going to be bringing out 2 more Kobo Glo covers quite soon. Based on this quote from their website
Quote:
Kobo Glo
In the third week of November we will introduce real leather covers for the Kobo Glo e-reader. Slimfit cases will follow after Christmas
If the Glo real leather one is anything like the one I bought for my PRST1 (which looks very similar to the Kobo Touch version) - it's a beautiful burgundy colour and fits like a glove. The 'Slimfit', which 'clicks in', also sounds interesting (thinner, lighter) if its going to be similar to the Kobo Touch version.

Last edited by jackie_w; 11-09-2012 at 09:57 AM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #15
Jez_terr
Jez_terr will become famous soon enoughJez_terr will become famous soon enoughJez_terr will become famous soon enoughJez_terr will become famous soon enoughJez_terr will become famous soon enoughJez_terr will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad, PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
The slimfit case from Gecko is lovely. If Gecko could make a case like that for the Glo, but with a flap that covers the screen from the top like the Skindigital case that estelle58 linked to, that would be my idea of a perfect case for the Glo :-)

I'm hoping Decalgirl will make skins available for the Glo soon too.
Jez_terr is offline   Reply With Quote