Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
mrlanrat
mrlanrat began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge, Kindles
So you want the Ermine (Froyo 2.2) update.zip?

Well, here it is:
EE: http://cdn.entourageedge.com/eermine...zip.ermine-0.9
PE: http://cdn.entourageedge.com/permine...zip.ermine-0.9
(PE version thanks to Last_of_the_PEs)

Grab it while its hot, and before the entourage servers turn dark for good!

I know this is the file downloaded by the edge when doing the update. I got the url using this handy app: http://www.appbrain.com/app/shark-for-root/lv.n3o.shark

This was done on a full size edge, don't know if it is the same file used by the pocket edge, someone with a PE should find out.

Enjoy!

Last edited by mrlanrat; 05-23-2011 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Added PE link, thanks to Last_of_the_PEs
mrlanrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Awesome!! I am copying and pasting to the other forum now!

Thank you, mrlanrat!!

Oh, no! I think I'll post a link to here, instead!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
For you PE users, here it is: http://cdn.entourageedge.com/permine...zip.ermine-0.9
(the folder is 'permine' instead of 'eermine')
File sizes are different, so I'm pretty sure these are different, and if they are it probably matters. If Entourage yanks the files, post a shout here and I can expose on the web with a link.

Oh, and "Shark for root" looked interesting so I went looking. Slideme, AnAppStore, Amazon and Freeware Lovers all struck out. AppBrain is useless, and AndroLib doesn't have downloads. I ran the emulator to get at Market that worked.
If you want Shark, and don't have the emulator/market running, give a shout for that too. You have to root your eDGe to use it though. I haven't gotten around to having a friend rip me a copy of Market using the instructions I'm sure we've all seen by now.
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
mrlanrat

@Last_of_the_PEs Good work on getting the PE version. I too have the files saved in case they get yanked and can upload them if that happens to be the case.

I installed "Shark for root" (and almost all my other android apps) from my backups made by Titanium Backup from my android phone. Titanium Backup saves the apks to Dropbox and the edge downloads and installs them. Works for me

EDIT: Uploaded Shark for root! http://www.freewarelovers.com/androi...shark-for-root

Last edited by mrlanrat; 05-23-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:54 PM   #5
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie

Yeah, that's pretty much the procedure I use, except I don't have a physical device that runs Android Market, so it's the emulator or nothing. Oddly enough the 2.2 emulator build I did can't get connectivity, so I suspect i lose a lot of apps that don't jump the 1.6/2.2 wall.

That'll just force me to have a friend with a "real" tablet help me get the files to make Market work.

On the Entourage forum, Picklefish says Entourage might get Ermine out of Beta before the lights go out. Even if they do, it'll be good to have the Beta backed up.
Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #6
Kewlcat
Kewlcat began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge since May '11 (upgraded to Ermine - Aug '11)
Awesome work people!!!

Thanks a bunch for this...I can sleep a bit more easy tonight knowing I have the option to upgrade...
Kewlcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:34 PM   #7
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Cool, this is a comfort!
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #8
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
Sexy Boys

You guys are both sexy, and I love you.

K
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #9
Michealj
Michealj began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Mrlanrat, thank you for this download. It is greatly appreciated by all of us.

Regards,

Micheal
Michealj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #10
mrlanrat

This reply is in response to lorenzoens over here: http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/showthread.php?2059
Hopefully he will find it.

To install the update:
The steps are the same as downgrading from Ermine to Dingo. (https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...leid=263&nav=0)
1. Download the file and rename it to update.zip
2. place the file in the root of a FAT32 USB flash drive (I think a SD card will work too)
3. With the Edge off and the flash drive plugged in, hold down the MENU and ROTATE buttons.
4. Power on the Edge while continuing to hold Menu and ROTATE for 10 seconds.
5. Within 1 minute the Edge should start upgrading, the process will take a while, ~10 minutes, keep it plugged in.
6. The Edge will reboot when it is done.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #11
geneven1
Enthusiast
geneven1 began at the beginning.

Device: P. Edge, Kindle, N800-810-900
Do you think this is the same version of Ermine I got when I first registered at the site a few days ago and it asked me if I wanted to join the Ermine beta test? Anyone know how I can tell what version of Ermie I'm running now?
geneven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #12
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie

To check your software loadout, use Settings - About eDGe. Your "Android version" "Kernel version" and "Build number" is there.
With the Ermine Beta running on my PE, I've got Android version: 2.2.1 with kernel 2.6.34 buildmaster@zeke #1 and a Build number of ERMINE 0.9

And yeah, I'm netrobot on Entourage. What I want to know is, Is Kewlcat here the same one as on SmartAppsWorld? (and if so, what happened to the Cheetah with headphones avatar?)
Old 05-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #13
aidren
EE 1st gen
aidren began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Thank you mrlanrat...
aidren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #14
mr_ed
Connoisseur
mr_ed began at the beginning.

Device: been e-reading since Handspring's first PDA

Zowie, THANKS mrlanrat, L_o_t_P, and Filark ! I was trying to get clever about installing the gapps and turned my PE into a tablet-sized fubar with a flashing display:
  • The launcher just crashed.
    It just crashed again.
    It just crashed again.
    It just crashed again.
    It just crashed again.
I reflashed dingo, just to be on the safe side, and then flashed ermine with this file. Whew!

I'm about 30 years too old to be allowed to say it, but H4X0RZ R00L ¡¡¡

-- Ed
mr_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #15
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_ed View Post

Zowie, THANKS mrlanrat, L_o_t_P, and Filark ! I was trying to get clever about installing the gapps and turned my PE into a tablet-sized fubar with a flashing display:
  • The launcher just crashed.
    It just crashed again.
    It just crashed again.
    It just crashed again.
    It just crashed again.
I reflashed dingo, just to be on the safe side, and then flashed ermine with this file. Whew!

I'm about 30 years too old to be allowed to say it, but H4X0RZ R00L ¡¡¡

-- Ed
This post made me laugh!
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote