Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-03-2011, 05:20 AM   #1
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
CSS files not being used??

Hello all,

I have three CSS files in the Styles folder:

main.css
page.css
titles.css

in main.css I have this in the beginning:

@import "page.css";

and the same in titles.css

When I validate the EPUB file, I get the following error:

OEBPS/Styles/page.css This resource is present in the OPF <manifest>, but it's not reachable (it's unused).

SO what is this all about? If I remove the page.css file the layout of my ebook looks different so clearly it is used.
spaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:23 AM   #2
cuthbert19
Enthusiast
cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Opus
I think the correct syntax is something like:

Code:
@import url('../Styles/page.css');
EDIT: hmmm ok it seems it works anyway, from your post .. so maybe it's just a bug in FlightCrew, it doesn't check the "@import" directives perhaps?
cuthbert19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 06:40 AM   #3
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FlightCrew?
Old 03-03-2011, 06:42 AM   #4
spaze
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuthbert19 View Post
I think the correct syntax is something like:

Code:
@import url('../Styles/page.css');
EDIT: hmmm ok it seems it works anyway, from your post .. so maybe it's just a bug in FlightCrew, it doesn't check the "@import" directives perhaps?
No, still gives the same error.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:46 AM   #5
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
FlightCrew is the validation component in Sigil.

As a simple workaround, just include a line in one of the html files that links to the 'missing' css file.
So the file will be accessed directly at least once.

Quote:
<link href="../Styles/page.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 06:50 AM   #6
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Does the epub look fine on an actual reader rather than in Sigil?
If so it's probably a missing check or bug as cuthbert said.
If it doesn't then it's probably a mis-use of the import
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:13 AM   #7
spaze
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
FlightCrew is the validation component in Sigil.

As a simple workaround, just include a line in one of the html files that links to the 'missing' css file.
So the file will be accessed directly at least once.
This did thr trick, but before this addition the epub file looked just fine on BeBook Mini.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #8
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I think FlightCrew does not check the @import. I think I remember that Valloric said somewhere that FlightCrew does not do a check of the stylesheet at the moment.
If that is the case, than FC would not know of the @import and therefore would correctly say that the stylesheet is not used. The message should say perhaps it is unused in the xhtml.

In this case you could ignore this error, but just because you know the source of the error.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #9
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I think FlightCrew does not check the @import. I think I remember that Valloric said somewhere that FlightCrew does not do a check of the stylesheet at the moment.
If that is the case, than FC would not know of the @import and therefore would correctly say that the stylesheet is not used. The message should say perhaps it is unused in the xhtml.
While FlightCrew does not perform CSS validation, for the purposes of reachability and use analysis, the CSS *is* examined. @import statements are taken into account.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #10
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try it with @import url("page.css");.

The @import "page.css"; syntax is valid, but because of a bug in FC, this is not recognised. Please report this on the tracker.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:06 PM   #11
spaze
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Try it with @import url("page.css");.

The @import "page.css"; syntax is valid, but because of a bug in FC, this is not recognised. Please report this on the tracker.
@import url("page.css"); did the trick, now it gets validated.

Where is the Tracker site for Sigil?
Old 03-03-2011, 03:15 PM   #12
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
While FlightCrew does not perform CSS validation, for the purposes of reachability and use analysis, the CSS *is* examined. @import statements are taken into account.
I stand corrected.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:26 PM   #13
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaze View Post
@import url("page.css"); did the trick, now it gets validated.

Where is the Tracker site for Sigil?
You should report this on the FlightCrew tracker, since it's a FlightCrew problem. Start here.