Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #91
lexluthorxx
lexluthorxx began at the beginning.

Device: nextbook
still can't get audio to sync with video?

oh well maybe i'll try subtitles....guess then i'll have to read my movies...as well as ebooks...

lol
lexluthorxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:26 AM   #92
duuri
duuri has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.duuri has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.duuri has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Prestigio 3072b
try other video maybe? with lower quality?
duuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #93
DeadMan
Enthusiast
DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthorxx View Post

oh well maybe i'll try subtitles....guess then i'll have to read my movies...as well as ebooks...

lol
How about your audio settings. You use 2 channel or 5.1? Try 2 channel stereo.
DeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #94
lexluthorxx

i was thinking about messing with the sound....i'll let you know....
Old 01-20-2011, 07:25 PM   #95
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
There seems to be a replacement called the Next2. It has a touch screen and Wi-Fi and includes a case.

http://www.heartlandamerica.com/brow...E&SC=W11EC100&

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #96
ebsebs
Connoisseur
ebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Nook ST/Nook HD+
It's a different model, but I don't think it's really a replacement, since it has a lower resolution 800 x 480 screen, like my Augen.
There is a definite improvement in readability when going from an 800 x 480 16:9 screen to an 800 x 600 4:3 screen.
ebsebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #97
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
The Next2 may be the "next" ebook reader produced by Nextbook, but it is Android 1.5 based, and not with RTOS Embedded Adobe DRM Reader Mobile v9. The two are very dissimilar!

The Next3 looks more powerful and relevant as it is Android 2.1 based.

The Next2 and Next3 can be consider "tablets" whereas the Next1 is a dedicated ebook reader (but wants to be a PMP with that Prestigio PER3072B firmware v2.1.3).

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-21-2011 at 11:14 AM. Reason: added link
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:20 AM   #98
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:

lol
It's odd, now a lot of video (divx) files I've tried seem NOT to sync properly! Play they do, but the audio quickly becomes out of sync even AFTER a fastforward.

What codec and at what bit rate does the video stay synced with the audio? (I take it the video lags on this 560 Mhz device using the RK2729 PMP chip.)

And what audio codec and bit rate works best?

It seems DeadMan was successful with Handbrake converting to mp4 with AAC...

So......... what works for you!

EDIT: I had a thought! My recent tests were conducted on an external 16GB Class 4 micro SD card I just got, so perhaps it's the real reason for the video lag and audio sync issues. I'm going to re-try this with internal flash memory.... Hopefully it's more successful!!!!

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-21-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: added wiki link
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #99
DeadMan
Enthusiast
DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
EDIT: I had a thought! My recent tests were conducted on an external 16GB Class 4 micro SD card I just got, so perhaps it's the real reason for the video lag and audio sync issues. I'm going to re-try this with internal flash memory.... Hopefully it's more successful!!!!
I did use the internal mem on the Next1 as well. My card reader was acting up at the time, so I didn't have the card plugged into the Next1 at anytime during the tests.

My Handbrake settings I just leave at default under the Regular/Normal profile.

Picture
Anamorphic: Strict (Used to be default, now it is not with svn3749)

All Video Filters Off

Video
Video codec: MPEG-4 (FFmpeg)
FPS: Same as source
CQ: QP12

Audio
Automatic: AAC DDII audio

Something I just thought of; I do have the x64 version of the K-Lite Codec pack installed on my system. No options for any of the installed codecs have been altered after the install. I just installed it with all default settings. I am quite sure there is only one version of the x64 pack available, meaning there are no Lite, Normal, Ultra packs like the non-x64 versions.

Last edited by DeadMan; 01-21-2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Add codec stuff.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #100
DeadMan
Enthusiast

Smile

Started trying conversions to Xvid. And I am very impressed with the results I have. Plays perfectly and looks great. I will be useing this for any movies I ever decide to play on my Next1.

Using HDConvertToX, v3.0.694. Available Here. (It's actually very easy to setup.)
Just to mention again, I also have the K-Lite Codec Pack x64 version installed, which should install everything you need...

Converted an MKV 1280x720.

Default settings, except:

Under Video:
Encode Using: Xvid in AVI
Quality: Xvid insane Quality=2.7

All other settings in each tab were left at Default.

Fast forwarding, rewind, pause, resume play, all resulted in playback without any audio sync problems. Very happy with the results.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #101
lexluthorxx

i found if i drop the frame rate down to 20 it will sync audio....and stays sync'd through ff and rewind
Old 01-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #102
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Quote:
i found if i drop the frame rate down to 20 it will sync audio....and stays sync'd through ff and rewind
What software are you using to re-encode? Handbrake doesn't have a choice for 20 FPS.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #103
lexluthorxx

avs video converter
Old 01-27-2011, 09:00 AM   #104
AnitaNY
AnitaNY began at the beginning.

Device: Next1
I returned my Next1. I wanted to borrow books from the public library but it was impossible. this device doesn't have DRM, so it's not compatible.
I'll try with another device (Nook or Kobo)
AnitaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #105
lexluthorxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnitaNY View Post
I returned my Next1. I wanted to borrow books from the public library but it was impossible. this device doesn't have DRM, so it's not compatible.
I'll try with another device (Nook or Kobo)
don't know if it does drm....
don't really care if it does or doesn't
...there are many avenues to find ALL ebooks...(even books you won't find in the library)......the internet is a wonderful tool...................all you have to do is look..........................and know what to look for

Tags
next1, nextbook, per3072b, prestigio