Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-24-2007, 06:29 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Deleting and then Reloading Bookdesigner...

and the UPDATE. (For some reason, the "ADD/REMOVE" option in Windows does not show BookDesigner. I need to delete it, so do I just simply cut and paste the entire folder to the trash? What about any DLLs?

I just don't want to screw up. I'm about to delete my version 5.0 of BookDesigner, because I apprently don't have the current OPTIONS selection (that Harry has) and I need to be able to create page breaks.

Please be patient with me, but if someone could link me to the exact main program and any updates that are required, I would be very thankful. I'm really confused about exactly which update(s) I need, etc. I'm afraid I may make a horrible mistake and be in worse shape than I am now. (I just need to be able to get the most current OPTIONS selection choices that I don't already have.)

Please help.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-24-2007 at 06:31 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #2
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib
and the UPDATE. (For some reason, the "ADD/REMOVE" option in Windows does not show BookDesigner. I need to delete it, so do I just simply cut and paste the entire folder to the trash? What about any DLLs?

I just don't want to screw up. I'm about to delete my version 5.0 of BookDesigner, because I apprently don't have the current OPTIONS selection (that Harry has) and I need to be able to create page breaks.

Please be patient with me, but if someone could link me to the exact main program and any updates that are required, I would be very thankful. I'm really confused about exactly which update(s) I need, etc. I'm afraid I may make a horrible mistake and be in worse shape than I am now. (I just need to be able to get the most current OPTIONS selection choices that I don't already have.)

Please help.

Don
A complete BD uninstallation: run BookDesigner.msi, then choose "remove" and follow the screen instructions.
If you want to keep your Reader settings, save the content of ...\Tools\Reader\Settings\ subdirectory somewhere aside of the BD main dir before you will delete BD.
If you want to keep your genres, save GenreFiles subdir.
If you want to keep your BookCleaner files, save BookCleaner subdir.
If you want to keep your Find/Replace history files, save FindReplaceHistory subdir.

A clean BD installation+last update:
1. Run BookDesigner.msi and follow the screen instructions.
2. Download the last update
http://www.the-ebook.org/e107/e107_f...esignerExe.zip
3. Unpack BookDesignerExe.zip to the main BD directory. If you will get a message like "file exists, overwrite?", choose "overwrite" or "overwrite all".
4. Configuration -> toolbar -> default.
5. If ...\Tools\Reader\Settings\ subdirectory was kept, save it to the main BD directory.

Last edited by vvv; 04-24-2007 at 07:02 PM.
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2007, 07:28 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't see anything in the BookDesigner folder with a .msi file extent. Am I just overlooking it?

Don
Old 04-25-2007, 03:54 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
vvv is talking about the BD 4 installer, which is an "msi" (Microsoft Installer) file. You need to install this first, and THEN install the latest update on top of it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:11 PM   #5
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib
I don't see anything in the BookDesigner folder with a .msi file extent.
Get
http://www.the-ebook.org/e107/e107_f...Designer40.zip
unpack it to some dir, and double-click on BookDesigner40.msi

BookDesigner40.msi can be used for the installation/removal of BD.
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2007, 05:25 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks VVV and all the others! I NOW have all the choices in the OPTIONS window that Harry has and (presumably), that other users have.

Now....this weekend I'm gonna play with some files...and FIX the one file I've thus far posted.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-26-2007 at 05:28 AM.