Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-06-2007, 09:47 PM   #46
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the connect software extracts a low quality thumbnail not the full cover. I don't want libprs500 to do that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #47
KaiGoth
Enthusiast
KaiGoth began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500 & PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
the connect software extracts a low quality thumbnail not the full cover. I don't want libprs500 to do that.
Ahh, gotcha. I guess it doesn't really matter for me, as I don't really need thumbnails or anything. Come to think of it, the area taken up by the hourglass and the image bookmark is pretty large (making less books visible without scrolling). Any reason they couldn't be put to the top with the other icons, but shifted to the right?
KaiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2007, 10:05 PM   #48
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Coz there are going to be a lot more icons in the future ;-)
Old 08-06-2007, 11:11 PM   #49
KaiGoth
Enthusiast

Quote:
Coz there are going to be a lot more icons in the future ;-)
hahaha

Awesome!

How about a preferences/options section with a choice to make the icons smaller then? I don't know about the windows/linux version, but the ones in Mac OS X are huge.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:18 PM   #50
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yeah I like em huge :-) They're so purrty
Advert
Old 08-06-2007, 11:29 PM   #51
KaiGoth
Enthusiast

Quote:
Yeah I like em huge :-) They're so purrty
hahaha

They definitely CANNOT be ignored!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:08 AM   #52
KaiGoth
Enthusiast

Wow, in the hour since I downloaded .90, you are already up to .92?!?!

I hope one of those updates includes the winning powerball numbers every week!

EDIT:
Nice! Just saw that you added a tag for book # under the series tag. These will definitely be the primary tags I use, as 95% of my entertainment reading is series based!
Thanks!

EDIT:
Cool, just noticed I can import multiple files now too! Looking good!

Last edited by KaiGoth; 08-07-2007 at 02:14 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:20 AM   #53
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Mostly just bug juice ;-)
Old 08-07-2007, 03:28 PM   #54
AndyQ
Enthusiast
AndyQ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
what version of qt do you have? the restore state function was introduced in 4.3

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qfiledi...l#restoreState
Well, I have QT4.3.0.4 however I suspect that for some reason, QT3 is being picked up by default.

Not sure how I can change this - I've tried setting QTDIR to /usr/share/qt4 but that mode no difference.
AndyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #55
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Code:
python
>>> from PyQt4.Qt import qVersion
>>> qVersion()
Old 08-07-2007, 03:53 PM   #56
AndyQ
Enthusiast

Quote:
Code:
python
>>> qVersion()
It claims that I'm using 4.3.0:

Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, May 2 2007, 16:56:35)
[GCC 4.1.2 (Ubuntu 4.1.2-0ubuntu4)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> qVersion()
'4.3.0'
Old 08-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #57
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

ls -l `which easy_install`
Old 08-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #58
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
That sounds a lot "nicer" to me. ;-)

And no, I never saw the hourglass icon (or its associated number) change during my test.

Quote:
How about "Remove books"? Does the number of jobs change (under the hourglass)?
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:05 PM   #59
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

clicking on the hourglass icon should bring up a dialog of active jobs. keep that to one side and then send a book to the reader. The job should show up in the dialog. Does it?
Old 08-07-2007, 04:08 PM   #60
AndyQ
Enthusiast

Quote:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 281 2007-03-29 12:52 /usr/bin/easy_install