Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-15-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
charlieperry
Connoisseur
charlieperry doesn't littercharlieperry doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
Will UK PRS owners be able to transfer to the Waterstone's bookstore?

I am actually in Australia but I'm a UK citizen and a PRS 505 owner. I've never had a US credit card so I haven't been able to register for the Sony store but I have claimed a few gift vouchers.

With the news that Waterstones is going to start selling the Reader in the Autumn in the UK I'm wondering what the chances are that I'll be able to re-register my Reader in the UK so that I can buy books through Waterstones with my UK credit card.

Any thoughts?
charlieperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
You will probably be able to, yes.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:59 AM   #3
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieperry View Post
I am actually in Australia but I'm a UK citizen and a PRS 505 owner. I've never had a US credit card so I haven't been able to register for the Sony store but I have claimed a few gift vouchers.

With the news that Waterstones is going to start selling the Reader in the Autumn in the UK I'm wondering what the chances are that I'll be able to re-register my Reader in the UK so that I can buy books through Waterstones with my UK credit card.

Any thoughts?
what news?

anything definite? dates or prices?

nevermind I found the posts from yesterday
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:37 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've seen nothing that makes me believe that Waterstones propose to sell e-Books. Borders already sell the iLiad in the UK, but they don't sell MobiPocket books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've seen nothing that makes me believe that Waterstones propose to sell e-Books. Borders already sell the iLiad in the UK, but they don't sell MobiPocket books.
Yes, but I took his question to mean would he be able to buy Sony ebooks with his UK credit card. He will probably be able to.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:00 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Through the Sony Store? Yes, I agree. It's perhaps worth noting, however, for the benefit of new board members that one can use the Sony Store from anywhere in the world using gift vouchers, which a number of MR members are kind enough to offer to buy for non-US members, and that one also (where legal) has a very easy option of buying DRM-protected LIT books and converting those to Sony format using Calibre or BD.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:53 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
...that one also (where legal) has a very easy option of buying DRM-protected LIT books and converting those to Sony format using Calibre or BD.
I would also point out that you can do this even if it's not legal. Not that I would ever!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Kindle users outside of the U.S. are doing something similar.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, prs 505, reader, waterstones