Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
nuphero
nuphero began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Please help me hack this epub file

Hi guy

I've just got this example file from one of my friend. He's building a mobile app for reading book, and i want to figure out how can he secure his books.

I tried "epub DRM Removal" at first, and got this result :

Code:
Error Occurred File sabatini-sea-hawk.epub is encrypted, password required for extraction
Error Occurred File sabatini-sea-hawk.epub is encrypted, password required for extraction
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 5, in <module>
File "C:\Python27\ade\epubdrm.py", line 375, in main
File "C:\Python27\ade\epubdrm.py", line 325, in decryptBook
epubdrm.ADEPTError: 8000 This file has no DRM protection"
As I can see, this file has no DRM protection, I don't know how it works

Anyone can help me. Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: epub example Tim Books.epub (311.6 KB, 138 views)
nuphero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It's a password protected zip file inside a regular zip file. It's not DRM and I can't see how it would be very handy for developing an ereader app. Nor can it be "hacked" (short of guessing the password).

Ask your friend for the password.... or if it's the book you're after, just download it from the library here or from any of the websites where you can find Public Domain books like this one.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-15-2011 at 01:51 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert