Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
anickson
anickson began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS 300
Both Calibre and Sony's Reader Library open

I've just downloaded Calibre and have successfully imported all of my books. Both Calibre and Sony's Reader Library open when I plug in my eReader. Is there some way to stop Sony's Reader Library from opening at the same time? Thanks!
anickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by anickson View Post
I've just downloaded Calibre and have successfully imported all of my books. Both Calibre and Sony's Reader Library open when I plug in my eReader. Is there some way to stop Sony's Reader Library from opening at the same time? Thanks!
If you have a pc simply change the name of the reader program from reader.exe to something else, like useless-piece-of-crap-software.exe. It will no longer auto-open. Worked great for me.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
There's an even easier way... under Edit/Preferences there's a check box "Launch Reader Library when Reader Device is detected". Clear that and voila! No auto open.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
Celyn
Celyn began at the beginning.

Device: HP Jornada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
If you have a pc simply change the name of the reader program from reader.exe to something else, like useless-piece-of-crap-software.exe...

-Marcy

Haha, I like that! I did use Sony's mad software previously, assuming it was somehow compulsory, but with a new reader, I was thinking of just uninstalling it and using the wonderful Calibre instead.

I came on here to view other people's opinions on it, and I now feel vindicated in my dislike of the Sony software.
Celyn is offline   Reply With Quote