Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #3106
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasen6275 View Post
2. Obviously here(like everywhere) moderators are persons who "earned" themself the right to do things for ehich others are pnished.
Yeah. By being endlessly helpful and doing an enormous number of valuable things for the Kindle community without remuneration of any kind.

You too can get where ixtab has got, though it takes years -- but the way you're going about it now is just about exactly the wrong way.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #3107
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
... as much as I'm flattered because I'm the center of attention now...

*putting moderator hat on*

Moderator Notice

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC. This thread is about fonts and screensaver hacks.

To discuss other topics, please post in a relevant existing thread, or open a new thread.

*taking moderator hat off*

@Yasen6275: You are more likely to get helpful answers if you ask in a relevant thread. Probably a thread related to launchpad, or usbnetwork, in your case.

By posting in irrelevant threads you are only: a) cluttering the thread, b) distracting people, and c) not getting helpful answers - the helpful answers (and people) are in the relevant threads.

So please: either post in a thread related to what you are looking for, or create a new one for your question.

Last edited by ixtab; 06-04-2013 at 08:39 AM. Reason: typo
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2013, 04:17 AM   #3108
Yasen6275
Yasen6275 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi
Aha. The topic in which the usbnetwork hack is given to the community is not the topic it can be discussed. So where is the relevant thread? Plz help me with link because I can't find it in the forum search.
Yasen6275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #3109
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Ok, my bad. I apologize for the misunderstanding and my tone, you are correct - this is indeed the right thread for your question, and I should have paid more attention. Guess I'm just a grumpy old man at times.

Last edited by ixtab; 06-05-2013 at 07:43 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #3110
Wolowizardry
Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kinlde 4 (Grey)
Does this still work with update 4.1.1? i have a kindle 4 grey..

UPDATE: yes it does work i installed update 4.1.1 then jailbreak and wallpapers hack and it all went smooth no problems...

Last edited by Wolowizardry; 06-07-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Wolowizardry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2013, 06:17 AM   #3111
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I'm currently using cover feature hack (kindle is showing last book's cover I'm reading).
What do I need to do if I want to switch to custom screen saver hack?
I have kindle keyboard running 3.4

Thank you

Figured it out by myself.

1.Delete the empty cover file
2. Upload some screensavers to screensaver folder in linkss
3.$$$

Profit!

Last edited by Geralt; 06-09-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #3112
stephenie
stephenie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 black
sorry to bother u.
but i truly have some problems with the screensaver hack.
after i reset my kindle to default, i fail to change the screensaver in my kindle 4 black after it's jailbroken (done) and installed linkss and restarted. it's still blank.
what's wrong with it?
and how to settle it?
thx a lot and hope to get the answer soon.
stephenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #3113
stephenie
stephenie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 black
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Tello View Post
Resolved the problem by debricking the Kindle. It's know on complete factory settings (including the screensavers).
I have the same problem like you.
Do you mean that re-jailbreak and re-ss after reset the device?
I did try this method several times but still had the blank screensaver.
How could that be?
Do I misunderstand your method? If so, plz let know ASAP.
I cant bear blank screensaver anymore!!
THX!
stephenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #3114
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenie View Post
sorry to bother u.
after i reset my kindle to default, i fail to change the screensaver in my kindle 4 black after it's jailbroken (done) and installed linkss and restarted. it's still blank.
what's wrong with it?
and how to settle it?
Did you upload any pictures in the screensaver folder in the linkss? And then, restarted the kindle again?

You don't write anything about that so I thought I'd ask.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:32 PM   #3115
Geralt
Witcher

Oh and what do you mean by "reset my kindle to default"?
You are supposed to restart it. NOT reset it.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #3116
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenie View Post
sorry to bother u.
what's wrong with it?
and how to settle it?
Are you trying the book cover as screen saver. If this is the case, it takes a time to generete the cover of the book, so not try to open the book and turn off very fast the kindle or you finish with a white screen. If this doen't work reboot the device (with the menu options). Open a book, leve the book alone, when it turn off yo should get the cover.

I'm using the cover feature and it's great but has his problems, at least with kindle 3 keyboard. some times (very frequently in fact) after reading a book and opening a new one the book doesn't uses the new cover (and the cover it's generated in his folder). I found than rebooting de kindle usually gets the correct cover to be used. But today with a book it's imposible. I'm thinking in returning back to ramdom pictures as is not working very good at all.
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #3117
harryzee
harryzee doesn't litterharryzee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX with 3.2.1/Nook HD+ with internal 4.2.2
I recently purchased a DXG and successfully "jailbroke" it and applied the personal screensaver process.

I just finished upgrading the unit to Kindle 3.2.1 (also successfully) and lost functionality of my personal screensavers in the process. It is now using the 3.2.1 screensavers.

What is the most direct way for me to get my screensavers back? Yes, I saved a copy of the linkss folder and it is still on the DXG.

Does the unit now require a new jailbreak version and a redo of that process or is there a simpler route?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, the Kindle DX will now become my reader of choice and my fully Android (4.2.2) Nook HD+ will continue on its way to full tablet functionality!

Last edited by harryzee; 06-20-2013 at 07:14 PM.
harryzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #3118
harryzee
harryzee doesn't litterharryzee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX with 3.2.1/Nook HD+ with internal 4.2.2
Nevermind!!!

Tried a reinstall of the dxg ss bin and all has returned to normal under 3.2.1!

My personal screensaver photos are back and fully functioning.
harryzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #3119
Gully Foyle
Gully Foyle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 NT
Hiya there,

I realize I might be slightly (read: very much) OT here, I apologize in advance.

Is there a thread, forum subsection or similar in which are grouped links/resources for the kindle custom screensavers?

After manically customizing mine I ended up with a considerable collection of images that I recently started to upload on a blog for everyone's use. Is there anywhere I can share the link without being OT or flagged as spammy self-promotion?

(also external links would be very welcome, I have no reference in the kindle-users community)
Gully Foyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #3120
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@elchamaco: That's interesting, because there's indeed a bit of hackery in place for this exact thing (the first sleep cycle after a change in last book opened), at least on some models. Can't remember if I enabled it for the K3, but will check!

Which exact Kindle model/FW version are you using? And approximately how many books are there on it, total?

@Gully Foyle: IIRC, there were a few over the years, but not recently (that I can remember). If someone manages to dig them up, we could probably aggregate all of them in a shiny new thread... That said, a good reason for the lack of such thread is probably the iffy copyright situations one can be in when sharing images on the 'net... .

OT: Thanks to twobob & knc1 for holding down the fort during my break .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-24-2013 at 11:02 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet