Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Literatus interruptus

So just when I'm getting to the meaty part on my novel, I broke my arm!

Can you say, "Frustrated?"

I can!

Typing one-handed stinks. MS voice recognition stinks, too.

I have surgery on Friday. Wish me luck.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
ouch ouch and ouch!!!

Much wishes for a speedy recovery.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
OW

Is the surgery for the arm, or another problem?

Regardless, best of luck with the surgery, and I hope you heal fast and well!
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:59 PM   #4
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
OW

Is the surgery for the arm, or another problem?

Regardless, best of luck with the surgery, and I hope you heal fast and well!
For the arm.

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:17 AM   #5
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
So sorry to hear about your broken arm, Kate...

I'm sure you can learn to type very quickly with one hand on the keyboard... The more you practice, the better you get at it...

I broke 3 fingers on my right hand, when I was 12, and I learned to write with my left hand in the time it took for it to heal... and that was on paper..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 02:50 AM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
double OW

Maybe use a small recorder and "tell the story" then you can type it in when your arm is better?

I wish you a speedy recovery from the surgery.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #7
Kess
Enthusiast
Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Ouch! Sorry to hear you got hurt.

I know a number of people who use Dragon voice recognition software, and they swear by it. Maybe look into that? I don't think it's free, though.

Good luck, and get better soon!
Kess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:05 PM   #8
khalleron
Kate

I saw the surgeon today and she says I should be able to type after the surgery, so I shoulldn't be frustrated too much longer.

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #9
khalleron
Kate

Got my velcro splint on the 23rd - everything seems to be healing nicely. Will need some physical therapy to restore full mobility, but I can type two-handed now.

Got ch 8 done and a good start on ch 9 over the holiday weekend, so am feeling much better about things.

Thanks for everyone's good wishes.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:58 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Great to hear how well you are doing.

Keep on posting, but don't overdo!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:41 AM   #11
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Great to hear you can type with both hands...

Continued wishes for a speedy recovery (purely selfish, of course.. )
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:33 AM   #12
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good luck, Kate. If it's any consolation, my own wee house released *Bottom of the List* by Steve Attridge early this month with a whole bunch of book shop signings and other personal appearance promotional efforts planned. Steve broke his leg playing football the day before launch. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:34 PM   #13
khalleron
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Good luck, Kate. If it's any consolation, my own wee house released *Bottom of the List* by Steve Attridge early this month with a whole bunch of book shop signings and other personal appearance promotional efforts planned. Steve broke his leg playing football the day before launch. Neil
No, that doesn't console me - only makes me feel bad for you and Steve both.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:26 AM   #14
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Thanks for the thought, Kate. Steve's been enjoying some lazeee time, though, and we've managed to reschedule everything, so all's fine and dandy. Hope you're feeling better. If you want something to read while you're laid up, by the way, drop me a line and I'll send you the PDF of Steve's piece. It's a real hoot. ntmarrATbewrite.net (use the @ sign, natch). Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote