Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-01-2009, 04:46 AM   #1
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Pocket Pro Indicator Light

Hi there,

I recently received my new Pocket Pro (which is my first e-reader). When I go to charge it, the indicator light flashes red, orange and green at the same time. The manual says it should be flashing orange. When it seems fully charged there is no indicator light showing and the manual says it should go green.

I did email support and they said to remove battery, restart with battery out and with it plugged into wall. Then restart with battery back in and that this would fix it.... but it still flashes the three colours.

Could others please tell me if this is normal to flash the three different colours at once? I am wondering if my PP is faulty and maybe I need to return it, or do other peoples do this too? Is my new Pocket Pro ok?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:56 AM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I just got mine today and noticed the same thing. I did after reading a post in another thread notice that depending on the angle which you hold the PP can dictate whether you see just a red/orange/green flashing light. To me it seems if I look at the light at 90 degrees I see all three colours, but if I tilt it I will only see one.

Hope it helps.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2009, 06:11 AM   #3
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the reply Solicitous.
So maybe we are suppose to see three colours instead of just the orange one.
My Pocket Pro is a black one too!
Old 10-01-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
So maybe we are suppose to see three colours instead of just the orange one.
I get 3 colors also, and the light is off when charged. So I think the manual is wrong.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Hi there,

I recently received my new Pocket Pro (which is my first e-reader). When I go to charge it, the indicator light flashes red, orange and green at the same time. The manual says it should be flashing orange. When it seems fully charged there is no indicator light showing and the manual says it should go green.

I did email support and they said to remove battery, restart with battery out and with it plugged into wall. Then restart with battery back in and that this would fix it.... but it still flashes the three colours.

Could others please tell me if this is normal to flash the three different colours at once? I am wondering if my PP is faulty and maybe I need to return it, or do other peoples do this too? Is my new Pocket Pro ok?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Yeah, it's pretty flakey/flimsy/poor design. One of the "niggly" things that brought me to returning the first one I received.

Can't tell one color from the other and it changes depending on the angle you look at it.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks for the replies.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:26 PM   #7
rling
Connoisseur
rling began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite, Nook Color, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I get 3 colors also, and the light is off when charged. So I think the manual is wrong.
Mine blinks red/orange (depending on agle viewed) whilst charging and goes off when fully charged.
rling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:26 AM   #8
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

Hi Rling, seems like everyone has the same thing, so I guess that's how it is.

I suppose the manual is incorrect as Wallcraft mentioned.

When the lightning bolt disappears then a disconnect symbol on the screen that looks like a power plug being unplugged appears.....I will use that as my indicator (not subject to angle variation )
Old 10-02-2009, 07:24 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Hi Rling, seems like everyone has the same thing, so I guess that's how it is.

I suppose the manual is incorrect as Wallcraft mentioned.

When the lightning bolt disappears then a disconnect symbol on the screen that looks like a power plug being unplugged appears.....I will use that as my indicator (not subject to angle variation )
I do not know what Jinke did here ?
A normal Tri-State LED should not have tiny viewing angle change issues.
Red, Green, Yellow (Red+Green on), maybe it was supposed to have a diffuser behind the hole?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:05 AM   #10
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I do not know what Jinke did here ?
A normal Tri-State LED should not have tiny viewing angle change issues.
Red, Green, Yellow (Red+Green on), maybe it was supposed to have a diffuser behind the hole?
Certainly something is whacked out..... As I said earlier ... just one of the many little niggles I have with this device.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote