Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-25-2008, 08:21 AM   #1
andrewscheinman
andrewscheinman began at the beginning.

Device: e505, digital reader 1000s
PDF Reader for internal PDF hyperlinks?

The 1000S is lovely, but it doesn't appear that there's a way to get internal hyperlinks in a .pdf document to work.

Specifically, let's say I create a .pdf with on-screen areas (not bookmarks) that in a .pdf reader such as acrobat I can click on to jump to other parts of the document (typically I use LaTeX to do this). Using the built-in 1000s .pdf reader the links are dead, i.e., a stylus-touch to them produces no result.

Clearly the right application will enable this kind of functionality; PressReader, for example, has forward, backward, up and down buttons onscreen which, when stylus-tapped perform the indicated function. The FBReader port to the 1000s similarly works, but doesn't support the .pdf format.

So is there any .pdf reader currently available for the 1000s that will work? From poking around it looks as if iPDF works in this manner for the iLiad ...

Thanks in advance! By the way, maybe just a misremembering on my part, but I seem to recall that an .html document with internal hyperlinks also doesn't work correctly.

Last edited by andrewscheinman; 12-25-2008 at 08:23 AM. Reason: minor corrections
andrewscheinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:17 PM   #2
godel10
Connoisseur
godel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't litter

Device: Sony Librie, Irex DR1000S
I do not have this trouble when using documents generated through latex (with the package hyperref).

As I posted in a previous thread, what it is not working in the IrexDR1000S are hyperlinks to other pdf's, but up to now I haven't had any trouble with hyperlinks pointing to the same document.

For instance, you can use the IrexDR1000S manual (as far as I remember the first or second page is somehow a table of contents) to check that the hyperlinks are working (or not) in your device.
godel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
.pdf hyperlinks