Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 06-01-2014, 02:41 AM   #1
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How to upgrade the Nook HD to Kit Kat with Cyanogenmod

After figuring out the somewhat-less-than-user-friendly guides I found elsewhere, I went ahead and wrote up my own that should be a little more helpful. Comments and feedback appreciated, especially if I made a mistake somewhere.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I love your guide. Trying to do my HD+ but have to start over after it finishes restoring. One of the files wouldn't install.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My guide's mainly meant for the HD. Generally, when you have a file not installing, it means you might not have the correct version.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
It was kind of scary. I don't think I'll try the EMMC install again. (I wasn't using the files you linked to, but I still loved your guide). If I can find something I understand, I'll make a card for dual boot.

Well I made the card and followed all the steps, to be met with an error loop upon reboot. "setup wizard unable to start" or something like that. tried 2 different cards, and 2 different GAPPS packages. I'm done! Maybe I'll try jellybean. Maybe it'll never work.

Last edited by booklover6; 06-08-2014 at 06:01 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:26 AM   #5
suedenim
Connoisseur
suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox
SD Cards can make a big difference. I had a class 8 32Gb sd card and Cyanogen on my Nook HD+ would run like a slideshow and crash/reboot often.

I bought a 16Gb class4 Kingston for £7 and it now works wonderfully. The only niggle is if I leave it in standby for more than a day it somehow reboots into the stock Nook OS.
suedenim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2014, 03:28 AM   #6
xeres
xeres began at the beginning.

Device: InkBook8/Icarus Illumina
I'm in the process of reverting back to Jelly Bean after I figured out why Calibre Companion no longer worked for me.<smacking self on forehead> In my case, the upgrade was actually a down grade.
xeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:20 PM   #7
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedenim View Post
SD Cards can make a big difference. I had a class 8 32Gb sd card and Cyanogen on my Nook HD+ would run like a slideshow and crash/reboot often.

I bought a 16Gb class4 Kingston for £7 and it now works wonderfully. The only niggle is if I leave it in standby for more than a day it somehow reboots into the stock Nook OS.
The NOOK hardware really seems to be finicky about SD Cards. I'm running an HD from a 32GB class 4 SanDisk card and it works without issue. I have an identical card that I bought at the same time that causes occasional reboots to stock.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, cyanogenmod, kit kat, nook hd