Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Got rid of my reader issues

So my T1 was having issues with hangs while highlighting words and then not bringing up the dictionary definition. Also whenever I plugged the Reader into my USB port to sync books, it took up to 5 minutes to show the reader and allow transfers.

I had tried a few things including deleting the cache from the Reader database folder. Finally I just reset the Reader to factory defaults and then formatted the memory and reloaded my books.

All seems to be much better now. Connection to the software is fast and the reader no longer hangs. Luckily I don't keep many books on my Reader and I had copied off my notes.

I have to say I got the original version and updated the firmware several times.
--MH
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
PC Reader is a memory hog it takes 2 - 3 minutes for it to load on my laptop I only use it to test e-pubs for readability or to update my firmware...I stopped it loading when I plug in my T1 and I don't want anything to do with sync, sync will screw up sooner or later..... if you must use a 3rd party tool to manade your library you should try calibre it is night and day superior to pc reader
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
I spoke too soon. Although the operation cleared up my connecting with the Reader software, I am still getting hangs when selecting words in an ePub on the Reader. I will check what I can to see if it is specific to this ePub.
--MH
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
dedgod
Enthusiast
dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kindle PW2
I'm having the dictionary hang issue too. It may sometimes give the message "Sorry! The application Reader has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

If you search this message on the web, you will find that Nook users report getting this message also. I suspect it is an Android message, but this is no help.

I asked Sony for a fix via there support forums, but I only got a few unhelpful suggestions that I had already tried. If there were a way to completely reflash the firmware, I believe this would fix it. They said it was not possible, which is BS.

They don't seem to have much love for the T1 anymore.
dedgod is offline   Reply With Quote