Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
DumbFounded
DumbFounded began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Unhappy send to kindle email - error

Hi,

I think this is more of an Amazon issue rather than Calibre but still ....

When I try to send .docx , azw3 or mobi (KF8 format) to my kindle touch - using the kindle email address- I always get an error from Amazon.

"The following document, sent at 02:00 PM on Tue, Nov 13, 2012 GMT could not be delivered to the Kindle you specified:
* New Microsoft Word Document.docx" - Then it lists all the compatible formats including .docx ! What am I missing?

I can send .doc or pdf or .mobi but not .docx or azw3 or mobi (new type). I have the newest firmware on the kindle and I also should mention that the azw3 and mobi work fine on the kindle if I transfer by USB.

Any help?
DumbFounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Yes, it's an Amazon issue. AZW3/KF8 isn't yet supported for personal documents. You have to sideload those formats to your Kindle.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
DumbFounded
DumbFounded began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks for the info. Maybe they we'll have it in the future.

But what about the .docx ? It specifically says it's supported but still doesn't work... Oh well
DumbFounded is offline   Reply With Quote