Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
LibraryCin
Connoisseur
LibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Touch
Book not transferring onto Kobo Touch

Ok, so I bought a book from the Kobo store at the end of December and it is appearing in my history there, as well as in my Kobo desktop software on my computer.

I thought it had transferred to my Kobo Touch a while back, but a couple of weeks ago when it was syncing, I noticed it missed transferring over a few books. I plugged it in again, and it seemed to get all the books transferred, except for one book.

I've plugged it in a few times since, and tried re-syncing it, but that one book is not getting transferred over.

How can I get it to?

I did notice that in the store online, in my buying history, I can transfer the book over to Adobe Digital Editions. Would it help if I moved it there, then transferred it onto my Kobo from there? Would that work? Or is there something else I can do?

Thanks so much for any advice.
Cin
LibraryCin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Try going into your purchased history, put a tick in the box beside the book and click on the "BOOKMARK" button at the top of the list and set a bookmark at page 1. Then do a sync and see if it comes over.
If that doesn't work you should be able to download the Adobe E-pub version and put it on your Kobo via Adobe Digital Editions (Kobo help site actually has good directions for doing this).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
LibraryCin
Connoisseur
LibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I will give that a shot!
Old 02-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
LibraryCin
Connoisseur

Well, I tried the bookmark thing. And when I tried syncing again, the Kobo software "encountered an error" and had to close. Upon reopening, it said that all the books were already transferred over (as it always does, even though there's one missing).

Will try uploading it to my Kobo via Adobe Digital Editions instead. Thanks again for your help!
Old 02-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #5
LibraryCin
Connoisseur

It looks like it worked via Adobe Digital Editions. I can't tell for sure until I shut down my computer and unplug the Kobo (can't eject it properly or Safely Remove Hardware because that hasn't worked on my old old computer for a long time, so I have to wait till I shut down to unplug the Kobo). Keeping my fingers crossed!
Advert
Old 02-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #6
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi LibraryCin,

Can you please let me know which books you were having problems with? Feel free to email me at shasan at kobo dot com.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Hi LibraryCin,

Can you please let me know which books you were having problems with? Feel free to email me at shasan at kobo dot com.
----------------------------------------------

I have one: Hearts at Stake (the free book club Feb pick)

It will download onto my Vox, but will not download onto my Touch or the Windows Desktop App.

On my Touch, you see the book cover come up...with the download bar, but then it actually erases, or disappears from the Touch's front page (the largest of the five icons). With the Touch attached and connected to the Windows Desktop App, you see the book trying to sync and download to both, but after saying it has....there is no book to be found in either.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #8
panhuibin
panhuibin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
i think this is a broken book because i downloaded a preview, and the preview is empty.
panhuibin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #9
LibraryCin
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Hi LibraryCin,

Hi! I've sent you an email. I'll also add here that the book was The Accident by Linwood Barclay. Thanks so much!